Website YKP LEAD Nepal
YKP LEAD Nepal is a network led by young people for young people that empowers through leadership, education, advocacy and development for young people. The network works to empower young people living with HIV and the young key population from the ages of 18–29 at the grassroots level in Nepal. It is assembled by the young people who use drugs, living with HIV/AIDS and HCV, young transgender people and young sex workers bringing unity from the diversified voices and building a common platform to ensure and learn on issues affecting their lives for dialogue and action. We embrace each other’s differences and celebrate our similarities, connected by our shared values and needs of being young and our shared passion for ending HIV/AIDS. The organization’s aims to equip its members with the necessary knowledge, skills, and tools to advocate for change and build the capacity of Young People Living with HIV(YPLHIV) and Young Key Population (YKPS).
Through capacity building, advocacy, and the growth of partnerships between local, national, and regional HIV and YKP organizations, we hope to be a change-maker and to empower young key populations. We want to make sure that young people are more actively involved in all levels of decision-making that affect their lives. We value diversity and prioritize gender parity in our organizational structure and decision-making processes.
Job Description: Program Officer for CABA Advocacy Project in Nepal
We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated person to join our team and lead the CABA (Children Affected by AIDS) Advocacy Project in Nepal. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in planning, implementing, and monitoring advocacy initiatives focused on improving the lives of Children Affected and Infected by HIV/AIDS in the country. This position offers an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact in advocating for the rights and well-being of vulnerable children and their families.
Project Planning and Management:
- Develop detailed project plans, including objectives, timelines, and budgets, in coordination with the project team and stakeholders.
- Implement and oversee project activities, ensuring they are carried out effectively, efficiently, and in line with the project’s goals and mission.
- Monitor project progress and provide regular updates to the project manager and stakeholders.
Advocacy and Policy Engagement:
- Lead advocacy efforts at the national and regional levels to influence policies and laws that positively impact CABA’s access to healthcare, education, and social support.
- Build strategic partnerships with government agencies, NGOs, and relevant stakeholders to promote collaboration and leverage resources for advocacy initiatives.
- Represent the organization in various forums, conferences, and workshops to raise awareness about the needs and rights of CABA.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, partner organizations, and community leaders.
- Collaborate with local communities to identify their needs and ensure that project interventions are culturally sensitive and locally relevant.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting:
- Develop and implement a robust monitoring and evaluation system to track project outcomes and impact.
- Prepare regular reports on project progress, achievements, and challenges, and communicate findings to the project manager and donors.
- Provide training and capacity-building support to project staff, partners, and community members to enhance their advocacy skills and knowledge.
- Identify and address capacity gaps within the project team and take necessary actions to improve effectiveness.
- Ensure prudent financial management of the project budget, including accurate tracking, forecasting, and accountability.
Qualifications and Experience:
A bachelor’s ( preferred master’s degree) in a relevant field such as international development, public policy, social sciences, or a related discipline.
At least 3-5 years of experience in program management and advocacy, preferably in the field of child rights, HIV/AIDS, or public health.
Demonstrated understanding of child rights issues, particularly those affecting children affected by HIV/AIDS.
Proven experience in designing and implementing advocacy strategies, including engaging with government agencies and other stakeholders.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and work effectively with diverse teams and partners.
Fluency in English and Nepali, both written and spoken.
Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines effectively.
Knowledge of the socio-cultural context of Nepal, particularly related to HIV/AIDS and child welfare, will be an advantage.
This position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the empowerment of vulnerable children and families affected by HIV/AIDS in Nepal. If you are passionate about child rights and advocacy and possess the required skills and experience, we encourage you to apply for this important role.
Application Process: To apply for the position of Program Officer for the CABA Advocacy Project in Nepal, please submit your updated CV, a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the role, and contact details of at least two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC to email@example.com. The application deadline is 30th August 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.