Website BUILDING Energy Efficiency in Nepal (BEEN)
Vacancy for Finance and Administration Officer – Maternity Cover
BUILDING Energy Efficiency in Nepal (BEEN) is a four-year project with funding support from European Union under its SWITCH-Asia Programme. Universität Innsbruck (Austria) in partnership with MinErgy Private Limited (Nepal), Greentech Knowledge Solutions Pvt Ltd (India) and Asociación Española de Normalización (Spain) is implementing this project with an overall objective to contribute to the development of low-carbon and resource-efficiency in the Nepalese building sector by integrating energy efficiency (EE) and renewable energy (RE) measures in design and construction of new buildings and in retrofitting of existing buildings.
MinErgy Private Limited (MinErgy) invites applications for “Finance and Administration Officer – Maternity Cover” from eligible individuals and firms.
Position: Finance and Admin Officer- (Maternity Cover)
Duration: 6 months
Project: BUILDING Energy Efficiency in Nepal (BEEN)
Duty station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Reports to: Team Leader
Expected Date of Joining: 11th September 2023
The finance and administration officer will oversee the financial management and administration of the BEEN project. They will report to the Team Leader of the project and ensure proper planning, internal control system and safeguard measures for efficient and effective use of use of financial and other resources of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Update accounting records ensuring compliance with general principles of accounting and tax laws.
- Understand the policy and procedures laid down in the organization and ensure that each transaction is recorded and documented in compliance of those policies and procedures.
- Ensure that documentations are done such that a complete audit trail can be established.
- Understand the budgets and ensure that financial reports can be generated from accounting system.
- Ensure that expenses are recorded against correct budget codes.
- Deposit taxes on a timely basis, file ETDS return such that they can be easily tracked against transactions individual vendor transactions.
- File VAT return and prepare reconciliation of VAT return and ledger on a monthly basis.
- Prepare payment summary and cheques on a weekly basis.
- Monitor usage of petty cash and ensure that monthly limit is not exceeded.
- Reconcile cash ledger and cash book on monthly basis.
- Reconcile bank account on a daily basis and get a monthly reconciliation signed off.
Administration and Procurement Management
- Ensure that procurement procedures are fully complied with in all procurements done in the project.
- Review the TOR prepared by project team for completeness and get it published in the website of project and an online portal.
- Collect and file quotations, participate in evaluation of proposals and quotations, prepare minutes of procurement process, purchase orders/ contracts and goods received notes where applicable.
- Update list of approved vendors and get it approved from Board of Directors where applicable.
- In coordination with logistics officer, ensure that inventory of stationery items, IEC materials and office supplies is maintained.
- In coordination with logistics officer, ensure that assets are handed over to staff for regular use after filling assets issue forms and for other purposes after signing the assets log.
- In coordination with logistics office, ensure that all new assets purchased are coded and tagged.
- Pay rent and rental tax on a quarterly basis.
- Add staff to existing insurance policy or renew insurance policies, if applicable.
- Collect quotations to arrange venues for workshops and ensure that all procedures related to conducting an event are complied with.
- Coordinate and manage workshops on the dates of event.
- Book flight tickets and arrange and arrange vehicles against submission of vehicle requisition forms in coordination with logistics officer.
Human Resource Management
- Release advance to staff against advance request forms and travel authorizations.
- Settle staff advance on a timely basis after receipt of all supporting documents.
- Ensure that staff contracts are renewed, where applicable.
- Construct salary structures for newly hired staff according to pay grid.
- Draft staff contracts and update personnel files.
- Maintain and update leave records of staff
- Review and document timesheets.
- Process payroll on a timely basis.
- Other roles and responsibilities as may be assigned by Team Leader.
- Education: Bachelors Degree in finance or administration.
- Experience: At least two years of experience post qualification.
- Familiarity with Tally software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project or equivalent.
- Fluent in English language.
Who can apply
a. Qualified individual applicants
- Firms which can provide staff that qualify minimum requirement.
- The firm must have at least 10 years of experience.
- The firm should be renewed and should have cleared its taxes.
How to Apply
- Individual or firms as applicants should not have any conflict of interest with the organization and its staff members.
- Interested individual applicants are required to submit:
– Cover Letter with expected monthly remuneration
– PAN certificate
- Interested firms are required to submit
– Firm profile
– Resume of proposed staff member
– Financial proposal (per month basis)
– Firm’s registration certificate, renewal certificate, PAN certificate and tax clearance.
- The required documents are to be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Application for the position of Finance and Admin Officer” by 5:00 pm on 4th September 2023.
- Qualified female candidates and candidates from ethnic minorities, socially excluded and disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply and be included in the team in case of firms.
- Interviews/evaluation will be done on rolling basis and if found, a suitable candidate/firm may be hired immediately.