Website Habitat for Humanity International Nepal
Position: Trainee – Finance and Administration
No. of vacancies: 1 (One)
Date of Announcement: 13 October 2023
Duration: 1 year
Location: Habitat Nepal East Field Office (currently Biratnagar)
Reports to: Coordinator-Finance and Administration
Purpose of the Position
Trainee staff will work together with Habitat Nepal staff and learn for managing office administration and financial management in International Development Agencies. Habitat Nepal seeks to hire a trainee as Finance and Administration to assist with its routine and daily operations in finance, administration, logistics and store keeping tasks of East Field Office. Further S/he will support to partners for their financial management in guidance of Finance and Admin Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare payment request and get approvals.
- Maintain adequate filing system of financial documents in collaboration with finance team.
- Handle Petty cash and maintain its documentation as per organization’s policy.
- Maintain office inventory by recording supplies and equipment received and dispensed in field and each partners.
- Track staff movement, regular update on dashboard and maintain in attendance device.
- Support in procurement process, collecting bid, Maintaining register etc.
- Assist to record, establish, and maintain hard copy key documents and upload soft copies in SharePoint for future reference.
- Handle phone calls, External guest, Support in organizing internal and external meeting and workshops.
- Support in office vehicle arrangement, accommodation as necessary.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Carry out the support tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Other finance-administrative work as required or needed.
In accordance with its foundational mission principles, Habitat for Humanity Nepal is committed to the highest ethical standards and opposes all forms of discrimination, exploitation, and abuse. We intend to create and maintain a work and living environment that is safe, productive, and respectful for our colleagues and for all we serve.
We require that all staff and representatives (consultants, contractors, vendors/suppliers, interns, trainee, volunteers, agents and implementing partner
organizations) take seriously their ethical responsibilities to Safeguarding (Child Protection, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation Harassment and Abuse) our intended beneficiaries, their communities (especially children), and all those with whom we work. Abiding with the organization, the trainee service has responsibilities to maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation, and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct. Throughout the assignment engagements, the trainee is expected to adhere to Habitat Nepal code of conduct including the safeguarding policy ensuring that all measures are taken to protect the rights, safety, and welfare of the individuals and communities involved.
Education Qualification and Professional Experience
- The Trainee must have a Bachelor’s degree in management studies or relevant discipline.
- Fresh graduate, prior work experience is not required.
- Excellent in speaking and writing in English and Nepali language.
- Is proactive, willing to learn with positive work attitude.
It can be applied through www.merojob.com/habitatnepal.
Application submission deadline is 30 October 2023.
Through the programs of Habitat for Humanity Nepal we promote the inclusion of persons with disabilities to ensure that our housing programs are more impactful.
This position is only open for persons with disability as Habitat for Humanity Nepal encourages the inclusion and integration of persons with disabilities in its workforce.
Human Resources Department, Habitat for Humanity Nepal
We strive to keep our recruitment process consistent and fair. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further steps in the recruitment