Website dZi Foundation
Position: Senior Human Resources Officer (SHRO)
Reports to: Nepal Country Director (NCD)
Coordinates: Administration & Finance, Program, MERLCom, Field Offices and Partner NGOs
Location: Nepal Country Office, Lalitpur-based with at least 20% field visits.
Grade & Band: 5, 1-5.
dZi Foundation is a US-based non-profit organization working with rural communities in Nepal to achieve prosperity by eliminating barriers to basic needs, fostering opportunities for sustainable livelihoods, and building their capacity to catalyze transformational change. dZi adopts a new five-year strategic objective (2023- 2028) guided by past learning, adaptation to the emerging policy and development contexts, and an improved focus on partnership, local ownership, and sustainability beyond external investment. For more information, please visit www.dzi.org.
B] Job Purpose:
Senior Human Resources Officer (SHRO) contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources objectives, plans, and practices that promote a collaborative, employee-focused, high-performance culture and the recruitment and ongoing development of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Nepal Country Director, the SHRO will serve as the focal point in recruitment, onboarding/offboarding, HR compliance, and dZi Foundation/Nepal’s HR Information System (HRIS). Sr. HRO will also be responsible for leading several HR areas including payroll, benefits, and records retention and compliance reporting.
Reporting to the NCD, SHRO will play a vital role in helping to develop and maintain a positive organizational culture and working to champion diversity, inclusion, and belonging initiatives that contribute to a positive and consistent employee experience for all employees. SHRO will also support the strategic development and implementation of the performance management process, talent development, and employee engagement.
- Support all aspects of the recruitment process: posting and managing job descriptions, researching relevant job boards, screening resumes, liaising with candidates, and arranging phone screens and interviews; corresponding with hiring managers and providing support and guidance to managers throughout the hiring process.
- Facilitate employment verification and reference check screenings for applicable candidates.
- Oversee the Onboarding process for all new hires; work closely with hiring managers and other departments (IT Consultant, Admin & Finance) to coordinate and schedule key meetings, technology, and space.
- Help design and implement the new hire orientation, onboarding program, and procedures.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date benefits onboarding materials for new employees.
- Oversee the Offboarding process for all staff exiting the organization including conducting exit interviews, termination of benefits, termination checklist, etc.
b) HRIS Administration/ Database management
- Serve as a focal point for HRIS and all integrations, partnering with finance on payroll and ensuring all record keeping is up to date and compliant.
- Provide relevant reports to NCD and concerned departments as and when required.
- Maintain leave data for all staff and calculate the same during exit. Act as the focal person to maintain up-to-date leave balance records of staff.
- Ensure all documents are updated in Staff Personal Files including academic certificates, citizenship copies, job descriptions, and all other required documents.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date HR-related vendor contracts/agreements (including consulting firms, third-party administrators, consultants, etc.)
c) Payroll Processing
- Lead the payroll processing and support admin/finance in payroll disbursement.
- Compile monthly timesheets of employees and cross-verify leave benefits availed.
- Investigate, resolve, and identify discrepancies in payroll records and employee timesheets.
- Update and review records in HRIS regarding Attendance, leave, payroll, SSF, TDS etc.
- Ensuring taxes comply with organization and state regulations.
- Preparing payroll reports.
d) Performance Management
- Oversee the implementation of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), general competencies, and dZi’s values into the performance management system.
- Research best practices in performance, and support NCD to design and develop a tailored performance management system.
- Manage the process of staff performance planning and management and keep supervisors informed of any delays or irregularities.
- Follow up, collect all completed performance reviews, and file the hardcopy in individual employees’ files.
e) HR Administration
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions in coordination with respective supervisors.
- Prepare and present the HR Budget for annual review and approval.
- Be actively involved in the development and implementation of Employee Learning and development activities and uphold and foster the learning culture, well-being, and overall safety of employees.
- Create and implement systems to handle employee grievances, conflict resolution, disciplinary issues, etc.
f) Employee Engagement and Well-being
- Support talent retention and growth culture at dZi by creating and initiating employee engagement plans and activities.
- Initiate and implement various HR initiatives such as coaching, counseling, and mentoring under various HR functions not limited to employee engagements, compensations, benefits, etc. that contribute to making the organization the best place to work.
- Create a continuous improvement culture, proactively identifying processes for improvement.
- Foster dZi values.
- Be willing to share and transfer HR-related and other relevant skills and knowledge to dZi partners to foster growth culture and organizational growth in partner communities.
D) Required Qualifications:
- Preferably master’s degree in business administration specializing in Human resource management, Human resource management, or a relevant field.
- Progressive professional experience of more than 3 years for a master’s and more than 5 years for a bachelor’s in a relevant role within inter/national development organizations.
- Preferences will be given to the candidates demonstrating progressive professional experience with diverse donor-funded projects and proven experience in human resource management across a range of numbers of employees.
- Extensive knowledge of the country’s labor laws and regulations, and relevant tax laws is essential.
- Prior experience using Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) is desirable.
- Knowledge of GESI and Safeguarding is desirable.
Skill and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal English and Nepali language skill is a must.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to work creatively.
- Strong organizational skills to balance competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines efficiently.
- Strong and empathetic interpersonal skills to work in harmony with diverse team members.
- Prior experience in managing change within an organizational context is an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills including a high level of competency with Microsoft Office. Prior experience in using Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint is desirable.
- Extensive hours sitting in front of a computer.
- Willingness to travel to the field (at least 25%) with limited supervision, guidance, and conditions.
E) Application Process:
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications through Google form: Link to the form: https://forms.gle/VfxVxN6hdYhZUVA96
- Please email email@example.com if you have issues with the form with the title “Application for SHRO”
- Applications will be received before/by October 30, 2023.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further processing.
- Telephone inquiries will not be entertained.
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and as per policy.
- dZi Foundation/ Nepal reserves all the rights to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
dZi Foundation Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. This position is reserved for females only in order to promote gender equality within the organization. In particular, candidates from minority and marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply. However, applicants shall not be discriminated against by caste, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or medical condition.