Website ForestAction Nepal
Senior Programme Officer
ForestAction Nepal is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of ‘Senior Programme Officer’. Successful candidate will be working closely with the national coordinator and thematic leaders of the project ‘Enhancing Livelihood from Improved Forest Management in Nepal – EnLiFT2’. EnLiFT2 is a forestry research project with funding assistance from the Government of Australia through the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR). The project builds on the success and lessons of the 5-year project, ‘Enhancing livelihoods and food security from agro- forestry and community forestry in Nepal’, also known as the EnLiFT project. The project is being implemented in Sindhuplachowk and Kavrepalanchowk districts.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the guidance of the national project coordinator and thematic leads, the Senior Programme Officer is primarily responsible to conduct the following activities in the project:
- Coordinate district and local level action and research activities outlined in the project document
- Coordinate with district level stakeholders (DFO/AFOs, FECOFUN, FENFIT, Palika etc.) on overall project activities like demonstrating participatory silvicultural regimes in community forestry with active involvement of forestry officials, local governments and community forest user groups (CFUGs).
- Lead, coordinate and mobilise the field staff on overall field level activities at the Palika and CFUG level in community forestry planning and decision making
- Lead the field team in identifying opportunities for integrating community forestry management with local government programs and plans
- Improving the understanding of community-private sector partnership in forest-based enterprise development
- Bridging of field team with thematic leaders
- Liaise with government agencies, local governments, stakeholders and partners for effective implementation of the project
- Provide periodic updates on the progress to the national coordinator and Project Leader
- Ensure proper and timely process documentation and reporting of project activities and associated events/processes
- Monitoring the field activities and ensuring effective project implementation
Education and experience
- Masters or PhD in Forestry or Natural Resource Management
- Minimum five years of experience in field coordination, stakeholder engagement, project management, and research
- Experience on action research and multistakeholder processes is preferred
- Sound knowledge and understanding of government agencies, local governments, community forestry institutions, NGOs/CBOs, and local communities
Language requirement and other skills
- Strong command in Nepali and English, both writing and speaking
- Skilled in developing and disseminating communication materials in diverse formats in Nepali and English language
- Excellent translation/transcribing skills (Nepali to English, and vice-versa)
- Good knowledge of computer applications such as word, excel, power point Employment Conditions The duration of the tenure will be initially upto two years with possibility of extension based on performance
Salary will be as per the rules of the organization The applicants should include the following:
- A cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae with two referees (with their contact address and number)
Interested candidates must submit their updated CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 January 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
The selection will be solely based on individual’s qualification, professional experience and performance of the candidate during the interview. We do not entertain telephone enquiries.