Website Aasaman Nepal
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 17 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
DETAILS / REQUIREMENTS:
(ASN) with funding support from Save the Children is implementing the Project Knowledge Hub for Uplifting Socio-economically marginalized children and families through actions in Education and Economic Empowerment (KHUSEE)*. The project on basic education and income generation aims at increasing children’s access to inclusive and quality education through economic empowerment of family and governance support as the main goal which will be achieved through three outcomes: I. Increased learning continuity of children from the poor and marginalized families, II. Improved accessibility, quality education and academic achievement of children, III. Sustained good governance in schools and municipalities. ASN is looking forward self-motivated, result oriented and hard-working Nepali citizen for the following positions:
Position: Child Poverty Officer
No. of Vacancy: One (Female Only)
- Provide technical support. review of work design and-ensure the cost effectiveness for the needed work.
- Plan and implement child poverty activities in the field such as beneficiary selection, farmers’ group formation, field-based trainings, supervision of farmers’ field and micro-enterprises and provide technical inputs for improvement.
- Establish linkages of farmers, micro-entrepreneurs and vocational skill graduates with markets and local governments for grants, jobs, and product sale as relevant.
- Work closely with the local government, cooperatives and ensure that the coordination with them for smooth implementation of project interventions.
- Ensuring the work quality and materials specification in accordance of local applied standards.
- Monitor daily project implementation against the established indicators detailed in the projects Logical Framework.
- Ensure daily activities at the field level follow implementation guidelines.
- Conduct field visits to verify project activities are implemented according to contractual targets.
- Actively participate in the regular project related meetings.
- Assist in the documentation of lessons learnt, best practice and case studies.
- Works closely with the partner, project stakeholders and communities at the field level.
- Assists in the preparation for any field visits requested for visitors.
Qualification and required skills:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Agriculture or in relevant field with at least 3 years working experience in income generation, livelihood and agriculture. Intermediate of science, proficiency certificate holder with at least 5 years of experience in enterprise, entrepreneurship development is also eligible to apply. The candidate must have a valid motorbike/scooter license and be willing to travel in the community frequently.
Languages: Strong command of Nepali, English (oral and written) and local language preferred/required.
Women and members of ethnic or marginalized communities are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 55 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
Aasaman Nepal has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application file by downloading the link below along with an updated CV by 7 days 05/02/2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained. ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.
Note: Local female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the position.