Website Corus International
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Assistant
Corus International incorporating, Lutheran World Relief in Nepal is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Assistant for an anticipated U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food For Progress project in Nepal. The project is designed to address food security through improvements in the aquaculture value chain by incorporating climate smart technologies, improving end market linkages and incomes for farmers, increasing access to finance for farmers to expand trade of agricultural products, and strengthening the public and private sector.
Reporting to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Lead, The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Assistant will be responsible for assisting the MEL lead in development and implementation of MEL activities for the project. Specifically, the MEL Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the regular monitoring and semi-annual data collections from the field; supporting the MEL Lead in training delivery, aggregation and cleaning in MEL databases; verifying the data quality/accuracy and following the instructions provided by the MEL Lead; supporting the interpretation of the data for donor reporting, adaptive management, and learning purposes; participating in qualitative assessments, FGDs, in-depth interviews and cases studies lead by the MEL Lead; and assisting with the development of various communications materials as needed.
The position is intended to be based in the Project Office Bara, Nepal.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under direction of the MEL Lead and in collaboration with Data analyst take part and contribute to program planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities
- Maintain all the documents and results of the project requirements and project’s specific to result framework, log frame, Performance Management Plan, and Evaluation Plan
- Support and facilitate the local partners in project implementation and in ensuring up to date data and reporting
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to local partners for collecting data and information and provide feedback and follow-up for improvements
- Provide technical M&E assistance to partner’s program staff to ensure timely collection and analysis of project data and information
- Support/Assist in providing M&E related training, coaching and orientation to partner staff in the assigned area
- Ensure the accuracy of all data collection tools and databases, in particular indicator tracking tables and activity tracking tables
- Document meetings and events and support MEL Lead to prepare periodic reports as required for the project
- Review the partner’s periodic narrative reports including Beneficiary Tracking Table, Indicator Tracking Table and Activity Tracking Table and provide inputs on timely basis to ensure the data and information are correct and validated
- Collect the periodic outcome level data and information and provide them to MEL Lead for analysis
- Document the learning of the project – learn, share and communicate with concerned stakeholders for greater impacts and visibility
- Assist with the data needed for reports and new proposals
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced Diploma in M&E, statistics, economics, demography, social science, or any related subject matter.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in MEAL
- Previous experience of partner management would be an asset.
- Computer and information technology literacy, including demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, online reporting and matrix/ result-based programming. Preferred experience with quantitative and qualitative data analysis software, (SPSS, STATA, NVivo, etc).
- Ability to guide partners on maintaining data quality.
- Prior experience of data collection and analysis.
- Deep commitment to LWR’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Fluency in Nepali and English is required for this position, knowledge of Bhojpuri and Maithili language would be an asset
Corus International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
To apply for this job please visit corus.applicantpro.com.