Website Corus International
Finance & Administration Officer
Corus International incorporating, Lutheran World Relief in Nepal is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced candidates for an anticipated U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food For Progress project in Nepal. The project is designed to address food security through improvements in the aquaculture value chain by incorporating climate smart technologies, improving end market linkages and incomes for farmers, increasing access to finance for farmers to expand trade of agricultural products, and strengthening the public and private sector.
CORUS international is seeking to recruit a Finance & Administration Officer (FAO), for the anticipated USDA funded project is designed to address food security through improvements in the aquaculture value chain.
Reporting to the Senior Finance & Administration Manager, the FAO will handle day-to-day financial and procurement under the USDA anticipated project. S/he will be responsible for vehicle management, front desk management, operational functions and primary financial functions of the project.
Roles and Responsibilities include
- Maintain a filing system (hard copy and e-files) of supporting documentation, including payment and receipt vouchers, payroll vouchers and related tax documents, bank statements and reconciliation
- Enter financial transactions into QuickBooks
- Complete and documents bank reconciliations
- Work with team to prepare monthly cash advance request for office operations
- Assist the Senior Finance & Admin Manager to prepare and submit financial reports to headquarters
- Process payroll and issues payments after appropriate review and approval
- Files taxes including any applicable withholding taxes and returns
- Assist with audit exercises
- Review advance requests and advance reconciliations/expense reports for accuracy
- Track repayment of advances and enforces policies related to reconciling advances
- Collect estimates and manages the call for bids
- Coordinate cost and proposal evaluations
- Implement the contractual terms for orders, receipt of goods, confirmation of completion of services, and payments
- Assist with logistics of events, workshops, etc and makes any travel arrangement for all staffs and consultants
- Supervise staff
- Maintains the Bara office asset inventory
Education and Experience
- A degree in finance, Accounting, Business Management or a relevant field from an accredited institution and ACCA/CPA Nepal
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Finance, purchasing and supply management, Administration and logistics
- In addition, s/he should be proficient in relevant computer applications and databases with mastery of Excel spreadsheets. QuickBooks or similar accounting software is preferred
- Familiar with country tax regulations and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to apply generally accepted accounting practices
- Should be able to communicate in Nepali and English
Corus International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
To apply for this job please visit corus.applicantpro.com.