Website Corus International
Corus International is the parent of a family of world-class organizations working to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to end extreme poverty once and for all. We are a global leader in international development, with 150 years of combined experience across our brands. Our nonprofit and for-profit subsidiaries include IMA World Health and its fundraising brand Corus World Health, Lutheran World Relief, CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Brands. Our more than 800 employees around the globe are experts in their fields and dedicated to helping the world’s most vulnerable people break the cycle of poverty and lead healthy lives. Further details about the organization can be found at: https://corusinternational.org
Corus International incorporating, Lutheran World Relief in Nepal is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Data Analyst for an anticipated U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food For Progress project in Nepal. The project is designed to address food security through improvements in the aquaculture value chain by incorporating climate smart technologies, improving end market linkages and incomes for farmers, increasing access to finance for farmers to expand trade of agricultural products, and strengthening the public and private sector.
Reporting to the, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) lead, the Data Analyst will be the focal point for the development and use of data management tools and practices for collecting, analyzing and disseminating information through Information Communication and Technology (ICT) in the USDA anticipated project.
S/he will be responsible for: Working with the MEL Lead, MEL Assistant and team to design or customize, set up, deploy, update and maintain data management platforms(collection, consolidation, validation processes, approval and drafting of reports); and support platform users.
S/he will ensure that knowledge platforms and information transactions are made up of dynamic content and of high technical quality and processes and content allowing the collection, consolidation, validation and reporting of data. The data collected is then compiled on a “cloud” platform to be accessible to project managers through databases and dashboards
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of data collection tools in line with project results frameworks and information needs
- Regularly collect and analyze data to monitor results for reporting of progress against the indicators and targets in the results matrix
- Provide guidance and training on the implementation and effective use of M&E tools for staff to support and improve monitoring, analysis and reporting of results.
- In close collaboration with the MEL Lead, produce and provide data and information on the project for reporting results
- Support the documentation of good practices and lessons learned from Matsya activities.
- Provide inputs to the preparation of MEL deliverables such as the evaluation plan and the PMP, in addition to monitoring plans and results monitoring framework, conduct regular monitoring and produce monitoring reports as required by visiting intervention sites.
- Provide technical support to program staff in implementing monitoring and evaluation activities, communicating monitoring results and recommendations, and identifying additional information needs.
- Contribute to the development of training and communication materials related to the M&E program and system. Train staff members on M&E approaches, skills and tools and provide technical support to staff members for M&E related activities.
- Serve as the primary focal point for IT service providers to design, field test, adapt, validate and deploy platforms; provide technical oversight for contracts of ICT service providers.
- Organize and facilitate field test sessions and certify all applications prior to introduction to end-users. Solicit feedback from staff, partners and other stakeholders to gather improvement requests and features and content needs for ongoing development of the application; Work with internet and ICT Service Providers to improve and modify the content of applications and data as dictated by user preferences.
- Download and / or configure the IT applications on the project smartphones and perform the back-up, recovery and routine monitoring systems of the ICT
- Identify problems related to malfunction of ICT equipment and software and follow the security procedures on computers and project materials to make recommendations to the MEL lead and Senior Finance Manager.
- Lead data consolidation at the project level, including generating project performance reports, reports for partners, and technical reports on the platform. Ensure the updating of predefined reports to allow the tracking of relevant information in real time.
- Organize and / or facilitate initial training on the use of ICT equipment (smartphones / chargers, computers) and software (applications for smartphones or computers) used.
- Provide ongoing technical support and troubleshooting of ICT hardware (smartphones / chargers, computers) and software (applications for smartphones or computers) used.
- Carry out the technical control to all short-term IT providers (LAN network providers, programmers, computer hardware and IT maintenance providers, etc.) in coordination with the project’s Senior Admin and Finance Manager.
Education & Experience:
- BSc or Master’s degree in statistics, information technology, programming, computer science or other relevant field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment that is responsive to the project needs and deliverables.
- At least 3 years of experience in data analysis, data management and reporting, preferably on a large donor funded project related to agriculture
- Have experience in managing service providers such that good quality deliverables are submitted on time
- Proficiency in oral and written in Nepali and English
- Strong working knowledge of current Microsoft Office computer hardware, data management software and mobile phone applications; Previous experience with data collection and analysis software and knowledge management of mobile platforms would be a major asset. Preferred experience with quantitative and qualitative data analysis software, (SPSS, STATA, NVivo, etc) and Geographic Information Software (GIS)
- Have a good ability to work in multicultural team and located in different offices (country and international levels)
Corus International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
To apply for this job please visit corus.applicantpro.com.