Website Corus International
Gender, Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist
Corus International incorporating, Lutheran World Relief in Nepal is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced candidates for an anticipated U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food For Progress project in Nepal. The project is designed to address food security through improvements in the aquaculture value chain by incorporating climate smart technologies, improving end market linkages and incomes for farmers, increasing access to finance for farmers to expand trade of agricultural products, and strengthening the public and private sector.
Reporting to the Institutional Capacity Building Lead, the Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist will serve as the overall GESI lead for the project and will ensure the integration of GESI focused interventions, considerations, and activities across the project’s three component areas. S/he will lead the GESI integration process and contribute to the project’s work plan development, indicator design and selection and monitoring of GESI focused results, and the project’s development and learning agenda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and implementation of the project’s evidence-based gender equality and social inclusion study and accompanying action plan.
- Contribute to defining the project’s overall technical approach, drafting annual work plans, and implementing an integrated set of activities to achieve project goals in a way that will expand economic opportunities or provide targeted services to the benefit of women, youth, and other marginalized populations.
- Research and document the policy and other factors that contributes to exclusion of women and other groups in the project area and design strategies to to overcome these barriers through project activities.
- Review project reports, work plans, monitoring framework and other documents and suggest if there is room to improve the inclusivity of the project from gender and social integration point of view.
- Provide technical support to project leadership and senior management to tailor project activities to enhance the engagement and benefit of women, youth, and other marginalized populations.
- Collaborate with the project’s M&E staff to propose indicators and contribute in data collection and analysis process for monitoring, learning, and reporting, ensuring the project takes a transformative approach to GESI.
- Ensure that the activities and results are implemented in a timely manner within the approved budget.
- Promote the importance of GESI activities and considerations to the project team, and among partners and stakeholders and provide technical support on the job.
- Closely collaborate with local organizations serving and/or led by women, youth, and other marginalized populations
- Design and conduct training on basic concepts of gender equality and social inclusion for project staff, partners, stakeholders, and target participants as needed.
- Monitor and ensure that ample considerations are provided to integrate gender and social inclusion targets in the project.
- Participate in relevant clusters, forums and networks focused on gender and social inclusion at national and province level.
- Act as safeguarding focal point for the project team.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in gender and youth development studies, economics, agriculture, or similar social sciences field is needed. A master’s degree in a similar field is desired
- In depth understanding of concepts of gender equality and social inclusion in the context of Nepal
- At least 5 years of professional experience in mainstreaming the engagement of marginalized groups, such as women, youth, PWDs, in project, preferably within the agriculture sector
- Previous work experience includes demonstrated experience identifying opportunities and barriers related to expanding incomes or economic opportunities for women, youth, and other marginalized populations
- Experience conducting gender and inclusion analysis and developing relevant strategies and training
- Deep commitment to LWR’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
- Fluency in English and Nepali is required for this position
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The position will be located in Bara District with frequent travel.
Corus International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws
To apply for this job please visit corus.applicantpro.com.