Website Aasaman Nepal
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 17 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
Aasaman Nepal is implementing USAID Education: Equity and Inclusion Project which is a five-year project set to implement in Karnali and Madhesh Province with the objective of contributing to reduce barriers to access and retention in grade 6-10; improve quality education for marginalized children; and ensure quality implementation of disbursement linked indicators related to equity and inclusion activities under School Education Sector Plan (SESP). The project will be implemented in approximately 1800 schools spanning 215 LGs across 18 districts of Karnali and Madhesh Province.
Aasaman Nepal is looking for the self-motivated, result oriented and hard-working Nepali citizen for the following position:
Information Management Officer – One (Janakpur Based)
This position will lead data and information of USAID Education: Equity and Inclusion project MEAL component at local level under guidance of MEAL Coordinator and Program Manager. The primary responsibility for monitoring/tracking the project implementation, assess the quality of results, draw learning from the project and providing technical coordination of project implementation team. S/he will be responsible for ensuring qualitative and process-oriented gender-sensitive indicators of inputs, out puts and outcomes. The Information Management officer will also support project team providing necessary formats and forms along with quality documentation of the results.
Data Management and Reporting:
- Check and verify the quality of performance data for the project/s performance indicators through designing, developing and implementing a system of surveys and instruments to collect data, analyze data and write data quality assessment report;
- Manage required database for tracking achievements against results and for preparing the quarterly, bi-annual and annual performance reports, and support in preparing reports if needed;
- Conduct periodic visits to monitor activities in coordination with Cluster Coordinator, Education Officer, LGEI Coordinators and program manager in order to identify and anticipate implementation problems;
- With coordination with cluster /field employee, liaison with stakeholder and beneficiaries and escalate appropriate issues, risks and challenges faced by the projects in a timely manner through appropriate channels;
- Ensure management of and reporting on (risks, value for funding, budgets) projects through delivery plans and other reporting tools;
Assessment, Research and Managing the Information:
- Analyze and interpret the data collected by field staffs and provide feedback;
- Control overall project management impact assessment to achieve desired outcomes and outputs adequately in line with quality standards and timelines;
- Submit project report periodically (quarterly, half yearly, annually) with qualitative and quantitative information outlining plan against achievements, learning made during the reporting period, outstanding issues and the plan for the next reporting period;
- Prepare the quarterly, semi-annual and annual review and planning meetings.
- Carry out program evaluations/assessments/studies by using appropriate tools/methods and aligning with M&E framework.
- Ensure girls, children with disabilities and vulnerable/disadvantage children are benefited from project interventions as expected in the Project Design Documents.
- Develop M & E strategies for the achievement of project objectives
- Provide strategic inputs to ensure the validity and reliability of data.
- Playing a lead role in the design, development, management and improvement of data management systems including database and spreadsheets, along with related process for data collection, cleaning and verification;
- Assess the project progress, review project strategies and devise strategies and approaches as required and Support in developing new projects as required.
- Coordinate the implementation of cluster data collection and management processes, including data mapping, encoding, storing, processing and analysis, in aspects specific to GIS and statistics.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Education qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences, Public Administration, Development Studies, Gender & Development, Management, Statistics or any relevant field with minimum 5 years of experience/Master’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences, Public Administration, Development Studies, Gender & Development, Management, Statistics or any relevant field with minimum 3 years of experience in project/program management in similar roles of authority, preferably education projects in Nepal.
- Experience managing USAID funded project would be an added advantage.
- Satisfactory knowledge on Result based monitoring and evaluation.
- Ground experience on recent practice of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
- Having sound knowledge on protection and safeguarding
- Basic knowledge about SDG goals and key national priority indicators on relevant topics
- Sound knowledge on data collection and analysis tools;
- Creative and skillful in report writing;
- Experience of leading trainings and conducting workshop or related events
- Prior experience in research works
- Good communication, problem solving and relationship building skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English and Nepali complex and technical information to technical and general audiences; and Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoints etc.
Languages: Strong command of Nepali, English, Maithili, Bhojpuri (oral and written) and local language preferred/required.
Aasaman Nepal has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
- Locals, especially women and members of ethnic or marginalized communities from Madhesh Province are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the further process.
- Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with updated CV in below link by 12/11/2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained. ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.
This job description is not incorporated into the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time considering the organization work. The post holder will be expected to demonstrate high level of efficient and effective working skills to perform the responsibilities.