Website Aasaman Nepal
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 17 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
Aasaman Nepal is implementing USAID Education: Equity and Inclusion Project which is a five-year project set to implement in Karnali and Madhesh Province with the objective of contributing to reduce barriers to access and retention in grade 6-10; improve quality education for marginalized children; and ensure quality implementation of disbursement linked indicators related to equity and inclusion activities under School Education Sector Plan (SESP). The project will be implemented in approximately 1800 schools spanning 215 LGs across 18 districts of Karnali and Madhesh Province.
Aasaman Nepal is looking for the self-motivated, result oriented and hard-working Nepali citizen for the following position:
Knowledge Management Officer – One (Janakpur based)
This position will lead overall knowledge management of the project. The position will have primary responsibility for documentation of best practices, success stories, innovation and learning of the project. H/she will be responsible for ensuring qualitative as well as quantitative process oriented inclusive, participatory and indicators of inputs, outputs and outcomes. The KM officer will also support project team providing necessary formats and forms along with quality documentation of the results. The Knowledge Management Officer reports to MEAL Coordinator, Project Manager and Provincial Director.
Implementation of the Knowledge Management strategy
- Support KM Team Leader in management of the global and regional knowledge management strategy and project
- Identify new areas and analyze existing knowledge management support in project and project activities.
- Provide advice to project team in integrating knowledge management into project activities.
- Support the development and dissemination of knowledge and experience through enhanced communication, strengthened knowledge products and publications
- Propose and promote creative solutions for knowledge management in the organization
Communities of Practice support
- Prepare the Guide the Community of Practice (CoP)
- Train all project staffs on Community of Practice (CoP) skills building and with conceptual planning and implementation to ensure successful CoPs.
Project Management, KM monitoring and reporting
- Review and monitor the KM budget and project in the concept of project management cycle
- Prepare KM and management analytical reports
- Prepare and monitor web analytics of online tools
- Support Program team for developing quality reports.
- Generate periodic reports and document the key learning from the MEAL system.
Required Skills and Experience
- Education: University Degree (Bachelor with min 5 years’ experience or Masters with minimum 3 years’ experience) in social, communication, related field.
- Working experience in knowledge management, content writing, success story preparation, network facilitation or related field.
- Work experience in USAID funded projects is an asset.
- Good team player and interpersonal skills
Languages: Strong command of Nepali, English, Maithili, Bhojpuri (oral and written) and local language preferred/required.
Aasaman Nepal has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
- Locals, especially women and members of ethnic or marginalized communities from Madhesh Province are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the further process.
- Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with updated CV in below link by 12/11/2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained. ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.
This job description is not incorporated into the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time considering the organization work. The post holder will be expected to demonstrate high level of efficient and effective working skills to perform the responsibilities.