Website Forum for Women, Law and Development (FWLD).
Finance and Admin Officer
Job Location: Kathmandu
KEY OBJECTIVES OF POSITION:
- Ensure effective and efficient management and coordinate administrative functions in compliance with FWLD financial policy, standard and procedure.
- Establish effective internal control in the financial management
- Facilitate program team in integrated financial planning, budgeting and monitoring in accordance financial guideline of FWLD.
- Ensure standard record keeping and prepare and submit reports to stakeholders on time.
- Maintain high confidentiality of documents and information and take adequate measures for safety and security of documents, information and other resources.
- Facilitate administrative functions and provide necessary support to program team for smooth operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Prepare vouchers and enter in the books of accounts after obtaining proper approvals
- Prepare periodic Trial balance, bank reconciliation, income and expenditures, budget and expenses reports for each project.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial report under appropriate donors and activities
- Get all payment approved and prepare vouchers compiling supporting documents for auditing.
- Prepare advance request, travel authorization and settlement.
- Comply with local tax laws.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Keep track of Advance payment and clearances
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and quarterly report electronically.
- Assist in procurement and developing internal control system.
- Maintain keeping inventories of fixed and consumables and physical count,
- Assist program coordinator in budgeting and cash flow projection,
- Monitor project site for internal audit, maintenance of proper books of accounts and fund management by implementing partners.
- Perform other duties as instructed by supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management
Knowledge & Skills
- Should have basic knowledge Microsoft Office and Tally Software
- Understand development issues
- Basic knowledge and skills in accounting
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Basic knowledge and skills on research methodology/statistics
- Competent in the use of computer
- Minimum 4 years experience in finance and administration
- This role will work directly with Executive Director/Senior Finance Officer.
- The position is contract based with possibility of extension.
Short listed candidate will only be called for interview.
Salary shall be negotiable based on the experiences and potentials benefits shall be provided as per policy of FWLD.
Interested applicant should submit enclosed documents within 27th, August 2023 (Office Time 5:00PM) from the date of publication containing cover letter with updated CV in FWLD office or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Forum for Women, Law and Development (FWLD)
72, Aadharsha Marg, Thapathali, Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone: 5333524, 5333525