Website Family Planning Association of Nepal
Family Planning Association of Nepal (FPAN) established in 1959 and a member association of International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), is the leading national non-governmental organization specialized in providing all aspects of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). The Central Secretariat is located in Kathmandu but oversees project activities spread in 31 of Nepal’s 77 districts through 28 Branch Offices. The target beneficiaries are PMSEU which include people with disabilities, LGBTQI, sex workers, PLHIVs and key focus areas of FPAN include adolescent sexuality, CSE, SRHR advocacy, access of SRH services, empowerment of young people and women and system strengthening. Also, FPAN programme includes emergency response in humanitarian setting. FPAN collaborates with the Government of Nepal and other NGOs, INGOs and CBOs working in the fields of SRHR.
FPAN is governed through its Constitution, IPPF Strategic Policy Guidelines and Code of Good Governance. FPAN Central Assembly is the supreme body for endorsing the policy and plan of FPAN through the recommendation of Central Committee, while the President of FPAN will make overall supervision of the policy and plan approved by Central Assembly and Central Committee (CC) under implementation. The President shall also be responsible for supervision on overall performance of the ED. The ED shall be appointed on a performance contract basis based on performance indicators as agreed between the FPAN and ED. FPAN is seeking a qualified, experienced, energetic and dynamic person having multi-skill, strong managerial and strategical leadership to serve as the Executive Director (ED) of FPAN.
- PhD in a relevant field required (including Public Health/Medical Science/Management/ Economics/ Population Studies/ Social Science/Legal Science or related field essential) from a recognized institution with minimum 5 years’ experience of senior managerial position in the related field. Or Post Graduate in a relevant field required (including Public Health/Medical Science/Management/ Economics/ Population Studies/ Social Science/Legal Science or related field essential) from a recognized institution with minimum 10 years’ experience of senior managerial position in the relevant field.
- Demonstrated experiences in modern approaches to adaptive and change management will be an added advantage.
- Experiences gained in developing policy framework, restructuring and structural options, action plans, guidelines and management of sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Experiences with donor funded projects, networking building and resource mobilization, business development is preferable.
- Good presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Required knowledge in computer skills.
- Only Nepali citizen can apply for this position Nepali Citizenship.
For essential deliverables, competencies, qualifications, experience required for the job, please refer to the full Terms of Reference (ToR) .
FPAN is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, persons living with disabilities, ethnic minorities, people living with HIV and sexual minorities and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers, contractors and partners to internalize this commitment.
The post holder not exceeding 64 years of age as last date of application. Interested suitably experienced individuals are requested to submit Cover Letter, an Employee Application Form and latest CV and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2023, before 5 PM. The full Terms of Reference (ToR) and Employee Application Form can be downloaded from www.fpan.org or visit to the Human Resource and Development Division, FPAN Office, Pulchowk, Lalitpur, Phone: 977-1-5010302, 977-1-5010104.
Only short-listed candidates will receive information for further selection process. Attempt to influence at any stage of the selection process will negate the cause of the candidate. FPAN reserves the rights to accept or reject all or any of the application. Failure to abide by the ToR may lead to termination of the contract. The terms not explicitly mentioned herein may be mutually agreed at the time of contracting.
Source: The Himalayan Times, 12 October 2023