Website SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that makes a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty by helping them raise incomes and access basic services. We focus on three sectors – Agriculture, Energy, and Water – and have a long-term, local presence in 24 countries in Asia and Africa.
We apply our practical know-how to deliver results at scale. Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals, we are dedicated to a society in which all people are free to pursue their own sustainable development, and no one is left behind. By connecting our global expertise with our extensive and longstanding in-country experiences, we help realise locally owned solutions. Our services include advice, brokering and stakeholder engagement, advocacy, fund management, results-based financing, and delegated management.
SNV has been working in Nepal since 1980 and is active in agri-food, Energy and Water sectors.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV in Nepal has a track record in the agri-food sector, especially in value chains, market development and climate smart agriculture. SNV wants to reposition itself in the agri-food sector in Nepal with innovative concepts and approaches that align with Government of Nepal’s agri-food system transformation strategy.
SNV in Nepal and Helen Keller International (HKI) Nepal recently conducted (jointly) a Food System Landscape Analysis that provides a clear action track; To boost nature positive production at scale to ensure access to safe and nutritious food for all Nepalese.
SNV in Nepal and HKI Nepal intend to develop innovative and contextual project ideas to address the action track that has potential to scale. To do so, experts from both organizations will participate in an ideation workshop with an objective of developing two concept notes with an innovative and practical theory of change (logical frameworks).
We are looking for Workshop Facilitator with extensive experience in facilitating similar workshops to guide the participants through a human-centered approach and creative process ensuring a productive and collaborative environment.
Scope of work
The scope of work for a facilitator conducting an ideation workshop encompasses various tasks and responsibilities which is outlined here:
- Define objectives by collaborating with SNV Nepal to understand the purpose and goals of the ideation workshop.
- Identify the participants and their roles to tailor the workshop to their needs.
- Choose appropriate methods and tools based on the workshop objectives and participants.
- Develop and organize materials, including presentations, handouts, and any required technological tools.
Facilitation of the Workshop
- Set the tone, establish workshop goals, and explain the agenda.
- Conduct icebreaking activities to create a comfortable and collaborative atmosphere.
- Facilitate brainstorming and other ideation activities, ensuring active participation and creativity.
- Keep the workshop on schedule, allocate time for each activity, and provide timely reminders.
- Adjust the agenda as needed based on dynamics of the group and unexpected challenges.
- Promote an inclusive environment, ensuring all participants have the opportunity to share their ideas.
- Facilitate group discussions to extract valuable insights, encourage collaboration, and resolve conflicts if they arise.
- Utilize relevant tools for workshops, presentations, and collaborative activities.
- Implement methods to capture and document generated ideas during the workshop.
- Facilitate a discussion on the next steps after ideation, such as evaluation, selection, and implementation of ideas. Ensure that participants understand how their ideas will be further developed or utilized.
- Any other similar activities in consultation with SNV Nepal team.
Facilitating an ideation workshop effectively requires a specific set of qualifications and competences to ensure that the facilitator can guide participants through a creative and productive process. A successful facilitator combines these qualifications and competences to guide participants through a dynamic and creative ideation process, ultimately leading to innovative and actionable outcomes.
Required key qualifications and competences:
- Understanding of agri-food sector in Nepal, the priorities and long-term strategy of Government of Nepal, SNV and HKI and the challenges and opportunities associated with it.
- Strong facilitation skills to guide discussions, manage group dynamics, and maintain a positive and inclusive atmosphere.
- Clear and effective communication skills to articulate workshop objectives, explain activities, and facilitate group discussions.
- A creative mindset and willingness to explore out-of-the-box ideas. Familiarity with various ideation techniques and the ability to introduce and guide participants through these methods.
- Demonstrated skill in fostering collaboration among participants and ability to build a sense of team and shared purpose within the workshop.
- Familiarity with tools and techniques used for ideation, such as mind mapping, brainstorming, or creative thinking exercises.
- Ability to synthesize and evaluate ideas generated during the workshop by identifying patterns, themes, and potential solutions.
- Awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences that may impact the ideation process. Ability to create an inclusive environment that respects diverse perspectives.
- Project management and strategic design skills to oversee and coordinate various aspects of the ideation workshop.
- Experience in project design with applying Human Centred Design, user-centred approach, and creative ideation tools.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in facilitating similar innovative and creative ideation workshops.
Expected days of involvement: maximum 3 days (preparation-1 day; 2 days-workshop)
Contract Type: Consultancy Contract
Expected workshop date: 2nd or 3rd week of February 2024
Workshop Venue: within Kathmandu Valley.
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV highlighting your relevant work experience and cover letter with daily rate or total cost for the assignment (only your fee including all applicable taxes) by clicking on the “I’m interested” button before February 5, 2024
Please note that all the cost related for conducting workshop will be covered by SNV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All information will be in the strictest confidence.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.