Website Internews Earth Journalism Network (EJN)
Job Title: EJN Nepal Project Officer
Supervisor: EJN Nepal and South Asia Program Manager
Reports to: EJN Nepal and South Asia Program Manager
Under the supervision of Internews Earth Journalism Network (EJN), EJN Nepal and South Asia Program Manager, the Nepal Project Officer will be responsible for providing program and administrative support to Media for Inclusive Green Growth (MIGG) project funded by European Commission in Nepal, focused on strengthening media reporting on natural resources management and green growth in Nepal. In addition, this position will also provide administrative and logistical support for other Internews’ projects in Nepal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Support implementation of project activities, including administrative and operational tasks, in close coordination with the EJN Nepal and South Asia Program Manager, for the MIGG project as well as other Internews projects in Nepal.
- Liaise with project implementation partners on financial and grant administration in Nepal.
- Coordinate with Internews’ Asia regional office and the finance team in Bangkok, as well as other relevant HQ teams, on administrative tasks to facilitate project implementation.
- Facilitate coordination of MIGG activities with other EU Nepal’s partners.
- Organize logistics, supplies, and procurement for planned activities.
- Facilitate the processing of payments to grantees, vendors and contractors in coordination with Internews’ finance team members.
- Facilitate communication with the project’s participants, partners, government stakeholders and funder.
- Participate in the judging and selection of journalists and other applicants for grant and fellowship opportunities.
- Carry out timely collection and documentation of data and information from partners and other relevant stakeholders for monitoring and evaluation and for internal monthly updates as requested and in line with donor reporting requirements.
- Maintain and update lists of grantees, fellows, and trainers including tracking their performance against expected deliverables and coordinating these lists with the project team.
- ·Manage logistics for travel and meetings as needed.
- Manage filing of documents and other administrative tasks according to set project timelines.
- Any other assignments as required.
- Minimum five years of experience working in media or media development sector in Nepal.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent lived/professional experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with the media in Nepal, preferably natural resource management, green growth and environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in English.
- Fluency in Nepali and English.
- Proven ability to set priorities and handle multiple ongoing assignments.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven ability to coordinate with different teams and stakeholders, as well as with senior management.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and work independently to complete tasks.
- Flexibility to work outside of traditional business hours to coordinate with colleagues around the world.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Nepal. Travel is not expected to exceed 10% Level of Effort for this
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.