Website World Vision
Sponsorship Correspondence Assistant
Locations: Kusunti, KC Tower, Lalitpur, Nepal
Time type: Full time
Job requisition id: R23883
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
The purpose of this position is to handle and manage all incoming and outgoing correspondences for all support offices and APs in compliance with World Vision’s Global Standards and technical requirements. This position would be focused in smooth management of all sponsorship correspondences that will enable WVIN to maintain timely and quality communication with sponsors and children. This is an office-based position but will involve frequent visits to the districts and communities for monitoring and capacity building of Partner Non-Government Office staffs.
- Strengthening partnership and collaboration with key external stakeholders (Government of Nepal at all levels, donors/development partners, peer local and International NGOs, media, private sectors, community leaders, social enterprises etc) in order to promote the reputation and programs of WVI, leading to WVI Nepal being identified as a Partner of Choice.
- Ensure support to, and compliance of WVI Nepal partners, including oversight of MoU’s, organization assessments and capacity building plans and development of partner improvement plans where required.
- Effective management of WVI Nepal’s Country Strategy, working with internal departments, regional and global offices, and local partners to ensure effective implementation, reflection of achievement and reporting of impact.
- Scale up impacts of child-focused development, advocacy and humanitarian programs
- Strengthening WVI Nepal’s visibility both internally and externally
- Ensure sponsor gifts/letters are collected from respective GPO, EMS/FedEx and DHL and acknowledge the shipment
- Sorting out the mails received from post office as per Support offices.
- Data entry into Horizon for all sponsor letters/cards and gifts and generate CCF reports
- Verify the CCF reports, pack all the Sponsor letter/card/gifts/Bulk cards and dispatch to respective ADPs/field offices via courier aligned within standard turnaround time.
- Send email to all ADPs/field offices to notify about the dispatch of the gifts/letters/bulk cards
- Regular follow-up with courier for timely and safe dispatch of all correspondences.
- Dispatch CEW, APR and SG cards to all ADPs.
- Maintain courier dispatch log sheet in NO for sent sponsor letter/card/gifts/bulk cards, CEW, APR and SG cards as soft copy.
- Verify and file all log sheet received from APs and the copy of the Gift/letter memo received from SO.
- Know correspondence standards, timeline and technical requirements and ensure all correspondence are meeting the standards.
- Properly process each correspondence and ensure that all correspondence like IL, TL, EL, GAL & Child’s Reply Letters meeting the technical and timeline standard.
- Translate child’s letter into English.
- Maintain confidentiality of address of sponsors and children and make sure these are not exchange unless and without mutual agreement between NO and SO
- Sent all reply letters (IL, TL, EL and GAL) to sponsors and SO after proper review, labeling and stamping.
- Maintain postal stamps record in Excel.
- Assist the process of reconciliation data & discrepancies on SL, GN and queries in NO and ADPs.
- Ensure delivery of 100% APR and SG and CEWS cards on standard timeline.
- Ensure all the Digital Correspondences are processed on time with quality assured
- Provide orientation to sponsorship field coordinators/PNGO field mobilisers on correspondence standards
- Provide orientations to sponsorship field coordinators/PNGO field mobiliser on making correspondence process fun and meaningful to children.
- Good coordination and collaboration with finance, SCM, General post office and courier for smooth and quick service.
- Management of internal and external relationships required in sponsorship operations that facilitates the satisfaction of children, families, communities and sponsors/donors
- Performance review completed and personal development plan achieved
- Updated knowledge through training, study of related documents and visiting WV central.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Minimum1 year experience in child focused organization- Preferred
- World vision experience – Preferred
- Experience with sponsorship organization – Preferred
Required Education, training, license, registration and certification
- Plus two pass or running Bachelors in any discipline- Essential
- Bachelors degree in any discipline- Preferred
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Understanding of development concepts- Essential
- Good time management and organizing skills- Essential
- Computer Skills on Ms word, Ms excel and PowerPoint- Essential
- Skill on Nepali and English typing- Essential
- Skill on Nepali to English and English to Nepali translation- Essential
- Training and facilitation skills- Essential
- Networking and influencing skills- Essential
- In-depth understanding of Sponsorship standards and processes- Preferred
- Skill on web-based data base- Preferred
- Report writing skill- Essential
- Proven experience as a team player
- Ability to articulate and implement standards and procedures- Preferred
- Innovation and creativity to have fun and meaningful activities for children- Preferred
This role requires field visit up to 20%
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.