Website SOS Children's Villages Nepal
SOS Children’s Villages Nepal, a non-governmental social development organisation, supports children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief. We advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We offer a secure and friendly work environment and are committed to safeguarding the rights of children by having zero tolerance policy in this regard. We are further committed to providing a safe environment for coworkers and children, young people and adults with whom we work, where human rights are respected and upheld, and healthy relations are fostered by building organisational systems, capacity, and awareness on our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct. We are now looking for interested and qualified individuals for the positions of Counsellor at various programme locations of SOS Children’s Villages Nepal.
- SOS Children’s Village Lumbini (Female-1; Male-1)
- Small Group Homes Lumbini (Female -1)
- SOS Children’s Village Bharatpur (Male-1)
- Small Group Homes Kavre (Female-1)
- SOS Children’s Village Pokhara (Male-1)
The Counsellor will be responsible for supporting the social, moral, emotional and intellectual development of children and young people and guiding them by assessing the special educational requirements of an individual child and youth. S/he should have a good understanding of professional counselling approaches and strong skills in organising and facilitating training/workshops. S/he should manage documents, maintain the database, prepare the activity for children and young people and prepare the reports of the events.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Provides guidance in the overall development of children and young people; this includes supporting children and young people through proper counselling and helping them to overcome their weaknesses and resolve problems with their peer group and others.
- Assesses the special educational requirement of individual child and youth and make arrangements for support; this includes maintaining regular contact with teachers to follow up on the academic progress and timely monitoring of the youth’s academic performance.
- Organises classes on enhancing self-esteem and builds awareness of mental health through different extra curriculum activities like debate, theatre and other activities.
Qualification, experience and skills:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology with at least a second division and a minimum of one year of relevant work experience or six months of Psychosocial Support (PSS) training, along with self-learning and experience in attending workshops and seminars related to Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS). Alternatively, A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with at least a second division, along with a one-year Post Graduate Diploma in psychological counselling and one year of relevant work experience.
- Good communication skills in English and Nepali and proficiency in computer applications.
- Good interpersonal skills with a positive attitude.
- Experience of working with children and young people will be an added advantage.
- Preference will be given to candidates having a driving license of two – wheeler.
For the above mentioned positions, candidates must be Nepali citizens of age below 35 years.
Salary and other benefits: As per the organisational policy.
Interested candidates are requested to apply with a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Academic Certificates, (equivalence from relevant government agencies if studied out of Nepal), Copy of Citizenship Certificate, a passport size photo and Employment Application Form ( mandatory document, please download from www.sosnepal.org.np/careers) by 5 : 00 pm, February 15, 2024.
- For applicants applying for the positions of counsellor at SOS Children’s Village Lumbini and Small Group Homes Lumbini, please send your application to: The Village Director, SOS Children’s Village Lumbini, at email@example.com
- For applicants applying for the position of counsellor at SOS Children’s Village Bharatpur, please send your application to: The Village Director, SOS Children’s Village Bharatpur, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For applicants applying for the position of counsellor at Small Group Homes Kavre, please send your application to: The Village Director, SOS Children’s Village Kavre, at email@example.com
For applicants applying for the position of counsellor at SOS Children’s Village Pokhara, please send your application to: The Project Director, SOS Children’s Village Pokhara, at firstname.lastname@example.org
SOS Children’s Villages Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. SOS Children’s Villages Nepal follows the Inclusive Policy and therefore encourages women, people with disabilities, people of ethnic minorities and marginalised communities to apply.