Website Aasaman Nepal
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion, and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 17 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
Aasaman Nepal is implementing USAID Education: Equity and Inclusion is a five-year project set to implement in Karnali and Madhesh Province with the objective of contributing to reduce barriers to access and retention in grade 6-10; improve quality education for marginalized children; and ensure quality implementation of disbursement linked indicators related to equity and inclusion activities under School Education Sector Plan (SESP). The project will be implemented in approximately 1800 schools spanning 215 LGs across 18 districts of Karnali and Madhesh Province.
Aasaman Nepal is looking for the self-motivated, result oriented and hard-working Nepali citizen for the following position:
Number of Vacancies: 40
Job Location: Dhanusha, Mahottari, Sarlahi, Siraha, Saptari, Rautahat, Bara, Parsa
This position will be responsible for field level activities of USAID Education: Equity and Inclusion Project and support Education Officer for overall implementation of the activities.
Coordination and Implementation
- Coordination with municipalities, ward officer, ward citizen forum representatives, groups, government service centers, local NGOs/CBOs and others as appropriate.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly plan in consultation with pocket and district-based staff/education officers.
- Support to identify of project sites for program implementation.
- Facilitate and support community for group formation and social mobilization.
- Support to ensure effective implementation and completion of approved and planned activities of assigned program and supervision and assure the other project’s implementation strategies in the program areas through regular field visits.
- Support in preparing training/workshop guidelines and manuals to be delivered in the field related to inclusive education including Non-Formal and Alternative Education, community learning center, social audit system, school WASH, Integrated Education Management Information System (IEMIS), disbursement-linked indicators (DLIs), rolling out ESIP activities.
- Closely work with local government including education unit in relevant interventions to local governments and target schools.
- Support to prepare specific policies/guidelines/frameworks like EI policy guidelines; LG guidelines to facilitate timely execution of annual EI-related activities and budget; accelerated learning framework for OOSY; Integrate UDL/UDA into teacher training and support frameworks; strengthening provincial data systems specifically around EI (OOSC/Y, children with disabilities, teacher, etc.); provincial-level campaigns for school enrollment; teacher training on UDL, SEL and gender-responsive pedagogy (ETC);
- Work closely with the education departments and units of local government based on the project plans on advocacy and lobby, consultation, and meeting actions by providing information and technical inputs to the plans, budgets of the respective governments.
Management, Financial and Administration
- Ensure financial business conduct according to the organizational financial police and program operational guideline.
- To support education officer/ cluster head in cluster office management.
- Maintain good team communication, engender good team dynamics, and take remedial actions when problems occur.
- Timely collection of advances and completion of activities within designated timeframe.
- Collection of data’s in in depth way as far as possible and reporting to his/her line manager.
- To support in financial and administrative management of all programs/projects leading timely and effectively utilization of fund, ensuring the implementation of policy and guidelines.
Supervision and Monitoring
- Carry out regular field visit to supervise, monitor and support in providing technical inputs on education related thematic areas and also implementation of cluster/field activities to ensure timely completion and quality of works.
- Monitor and review field activities in each programs area to ensure that the activities are implemented in line with expected outcomes and provide on the spot feedback and support for improvement as necessary based on the indicators/targets of the program.
- Support to track budget and its spending through regular review and sharing with program staff as well as finance staff and ensure the best possible management of the budget as per organizational norms and policies.
- Provide feedback/recommendations to the cluster/field team and line manager on program implementation with regards to education as thematic areas and other cross-cutting issues.
- Provide feedback on developed assessment and evaluation tools to measure the project’s effectiveness and impacts.
- Support to ensure staff assessment and evaluation as per organizational policies and norms and provide hands on coaching and feedback including orientation formally and informally to strengthen their capacity to implement the program activities effectively.
- Guide and assign the field level project team to planned program interventions, approaches or strategies and capturing results.
Documentation and Reporting
- Regularly monitor program Wards to ensure that activities are in line with achieving expected outputs.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports including financial, (technical progress reports) line managers and Cluster Coordinators as per requirements
- Stay in related, program Ward in a regular basis to conduct the activities and to achieve the outcome.
- Share the field activities reports to the project team.
- Participate in monitoring activities together with the representative of funding partner and local authorities.
- Incorporate the conflict easing as well as peace building prospects while implementing, monitoring the project with the participation of primary stakeholders.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Education Officer and Cluster Coordinators.
- Support to ensure necessary logistical support the team, donors and visitors; this may include arranging accommodation, itinerates and travel arrangements while conducting field/district/province level activities
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Education qualification and experience
- Bachelors or Plus 2 in Education, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Management, Arts or any relevant field.
- Bachelor’s with minimum 2 years’ experience or Plus 2 with minimum 4 years of working experience in relevant project.
- Experience managing USAID funded project would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge on education program and related policies, plans, (international, national and local).
- Basic knowledge of project management.
- Understanding about the Nepal government’s provincial priority program in education, inclusion, and related policies and plans;
- Understanding of training manuals, guidelines, strategies, etc. on education and child protection and safeguarding, etc.
- Strong communication, coordination and negotiation skills;
- Strong problem solving and relationship building skills;
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and trustworthy relations for influencing;
- People management and team building skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English and Nepali complex and technical information to technical and general audiences, and basic computer skills.
Languages: Strong command of Nepali, English, Maithili, Bhojpuri (oral and written) and local language preferred/required.
Aasaman Nepal has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
- Locals, especially women and members of ethnic or marginalized communities from Madhesh Province are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the further process.
- Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with updated CV in below link by 12/11/2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained. ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.
This job description is not incorporated into the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time considering the organization work. The post holder will be expected to demonstrate high level of efficient and effective working skills to perform the responsibilities.