Right4Children is a Pokhara-based NGO dedicated in improving the lives of disadvantaged children, youth and their families. We are looking for a dynamic, qualified and experienced persons for the following positions.
Media and Communication Consultant
1. Media and Communication Consultant with a strong background in film making and video documentary production-1
2. (a 6-month office based position with a possibility of extension) to work on various projects and develop different media contents such as video documentaries, films, pictures, stories, blogs, contents for website and social media etc.
- Develop outreach materials to advance the visibility of R4C, its objectives, and projects both to external and internal audiences, according to the organization’s communication policy. This includes (but is not limited to) films, documentaries, success stories, blogs, and other media contents including photo galleries, PSA, short movies etc.
- In close collaboration with the organization & project teams, maintain the official website page and the social media accounts with timely, relevant, and well-presented information.
- Gather and prepare engaging contents (photos, videos, and stories) from field visits following the standards and guidelines of the organization.
- Oversee content development for website and coordinate with R4C’s project teams for regular updates and to ensure organization’s branding requirements.
- Act as a focal person to carry out media and communication related activities of different projects and of the organization as a whole.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Media studies or any other relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years of professional work experience in the field of media and communication, particularly in photo/videography, film making, documentary production, content development for website, handling websites and social media etc.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including writing and editing, and an ability to work independently. Strong Nepali and English writing skills are crucial.
- Very good computer skills, including the use of MS Office, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, and Google Apps.
- Ability to produce inspiring and engaging contents.
- Experience of design software, such as InDesign and/or Adobe Illustrator, as well as printing and production processes would be an advantage.
- Able to travel to project sites in order to collect case studies and success stories.
3. Project Officer (PRAYASS Project)-1
- Working closely with the Project Manager, plan, manage, prepare budget and conduct Career Guidance (CG) sessions for high school students of selected schools.
- Successfully carry out CG sessions as planned in the selected schools.
- Identify new schools where CG sessions can be introduced and conducted as per the project plan
- Coordinate with the schools, head-teachers and concerned teachers to effectively conduct the programmes and activities in the schools.
- Take the lead role in implementing the assigned project activities and ensure the successful execution of the activities, support Project Manager in carrying out other programmes/activities as required.
- Build networks with relevant stakeholders including government line agencies at district and local levels
- Closely monitor and track the progress of the project and produce quality reports on regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject with at least 2 years of project management experience, preferably in the area of awareness and sensitization, advocacy campaign, education and training, community mobilization and preferably in the field of career guidance.
- Good working skills on partnership building and relationship management, communication and negotiation, teamwork and motivation
- Very good communication skills with a command over English and Nepali languages, both in writing and speaking.
Interested candidates meeting the requirements are requested to submit their updated CV along with a cover letter clearly mentioning the position applied for, explaining their motivation for the position and salary expectation. Application can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 pm, Friday 22nd of September 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further process. Right4Children is an equal opportunity provider and encourages women and people from other disadvantaged background to apply. Candidates having valid driving license (2-wheeler) will be given a priority.
Phone inquiries will not be entertained and could lead to disqualification.