Project Implementation Manager
Based on: Kathmandu
Required Personnel: One
About the organization
Center for Research and Sustainable Development Nepal (CREASION) is a not-for-profit organization that was established in 2005. Since it was founded, CREASION has been a leader in environmental protection in Nepal through recycling, research, emergency response, grass-roots and circular economy related interventions. CREASION also houses innovative, impact-based projects as well as a learning center for youth. CREASION’s work is majorly centered around four thematic areas; Environment and Sustainability, Disaster Risk Reduction, Education and Advocacy, and Youth and Volunteerism.
Purpose of the Role
The Project Implementation Manager will be responsible for ensuring the successful and efficient functioning of all projects in line with CREASION’s vision, mission, goal, objectives, policies, and procedures. S/he will work closely with regional offices, country office departments, and external stakeholders to improve project implementation, management and linkages, and coordination with other institutions. S/he will collaborate with the Environment and Sustainability team and other stakeholders to implement the project and ensure the long-term sustainability of the project. The Manager will also focus on building the capacity of the implementation team and provide continuous support to enhance the project implementation and outcomes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Project Implementation and management
- Adopt appropriate strategies and plans to meet the goals and targets of CREASION’s projects
- Prepare required guidelines for effective project implementation.
- Prepare Detailed Implementation Plan, facilitate implementation and track progress regularly.
- Support CREASION to start up and implement the projects with a sound understanding of the project agreement.
- Collaborate with thematic leads and ensure quality in project service delivery.
- Ensure effective mobilization of project staff.
- Maintain transparency and comply with all donor requirements during project implementation.
- Provide technical, programmatic and administrative oversight to ensure high-quality and timely implementation and achievement of project strategies, activities, results, advising implementing partners to undertake specific courses of action consistent with project requirements
- Take lead to develop project team’s skills in understanding project priorities and its effective implementation and demonstrate impact.
- Develop detailed project plans, schedules, and budgets, and track progress
Documentation and Compliance
- Act as the primary point of contact for procedural and substantive matters, all technical aspects of contract performance, as well as management related requirements of the contract, such as procurement, personnel, reporting, and financial administration
- Ensure donor compliance on all project outcomes.
- Support project team to develop scope of work and budgets for consultants, preparation and monitoring of personal service contracts, and management of consultants’ deliverables.
- Ensure proper maintenance of project documentation by project team.
Project coordination, monitoring, and reporting
- Visit project sites, collaborate with stakeholders to understand the context, monitor progress, and follow up on recommendations.
- Report on project progress and discuss next steps as appropriate.
- Collaborate and develop good working relationships with required stakeholders for smooth project implementation.
- Ensure the project milestones, objectives and requirements are fulfilled. Conduct field visits to project areas to meet with implementing partners and government officials as appropriate, to provide technical, programmatic and administrative guidance.
- Support team to monitor progress against achievements, programmatically and financially and take action as necessary when performance or expenditure are not on-track
- Take lead on mentoring project team, ensuring that project activities are carried out effectively in a timely manner and address issues on time with attention to quality.
Networking and support
- Develop and maintain a high level of association and liaison with government officials, related stakeholders and partner organizations.
- Develop and maintain links with relevant professional bodies.
- Ensure the capacity building of project partners, including training and providing support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Environment Science, Social Science, Business Administration, Development Studies, Business Studies, or any related field
- A minimum of three years’ experience in relevant field Good interpersonal skills.
- Time management and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proficient in word processing, excel, spreadsheets, and presentation tools
- Good leadership qualities and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prepare and present documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- Good team player with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff, including field staff in several locations.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work with a flexible schedule.
- Willingness to extensively travel to rural areas.
Submit an updated CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com before 6th July 2023. Call +977-9802343995; 01-4540085 for other required information.