Website World Vision International Nepal
Project Coordinator – Education
Location: Bargachhi – 1, Bardibas, Mahottari, Nepal
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
The Education Field Coordinator position will manage Education projects portfolio of WVI Nepal’s Field Office in compliance with WVI Nepal’s sectoral and quality standards, Government’s policies and industry norms. This is a PNGO-based position in the Mahottari district.
The role will be responsible for managing and monitoring the performance of partner NGOs, ensuring that partner NGOs have access to appropriate technical and functional support, and managing relationships with sectoral key stakeholders including Local Governments.
The role will also be responsible for contributing to the design of new education projects if applicable.
Specific regular tasks delivered by this position will include:
- Monitor performance of partner NGOs and implementation of WVI Nepal’s education sector related projects (ECHO/ CARE) to ensure that the project is delivered on scope, on time and on budget as per the agreements
- Facilitate technical support for partner NGOs to ensure adequate technical quality in the delivery of WVI Nepal’s projects meeting minimum standards and targets
- Identify, assess, and communicate risks associated with the implementation of Climate Smart School Projects ( Echo school /CARE), and coordinate the development of mitigation measures with partner NGOs
- Coordinate with partner NGOs and WVI Nepal ’s MEALS Team to ensure appropriate analysis and programme results, including sharing of results and continuous improvements of programme design and implementation
- In coordination with Field Manager, build external relationships and engagement with government line agencies, other INGOs/NGOs, research institutions and private sector at local, district and provincial levels in alignment with WVI Nepal’s national strategy/plan for engagement in the education sector
- Coordinate organizational processes with which WVI Nepal’s education sector projects has to be engaged including but not limited to annual planning and budgeting process and audit
- Contribute to design of education related projects for each of WVI Nepal’s Area Programs, including for institutional grant proposals for successful funding acquisition
- Bachelor degree in an Education technical field
- Master degree in an Education technical field with 3 years of experience, or 5 years’ experience for Bachelors in Education related program management for INGO, NGO or government.
- Technical knowledge on education technical programming, including a strong emphasis on literacy and learning outcomes for early grade.
- Technical knowledge on early childhood education and/or the comprehensive school safety framework
- Team building, collaboration, facilitation and leadership skills
- Understanding of education programming that takes an empowerment approach including community-led activities and advocacy
- Understanding programme logic, programme design, and programme cycle including project planning, design, monitoring, evaluation
- Demonstrated high capacity to coordinate effectively and build strong working relationships with wide range of people and departments
- Good problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Good analytical skills; ability to critically analyse results data and recommend programme improvements
- Good writing skills and ability to write/edit reports, contribute to grant proposals
- At least 3 years (for those with Master degree) or 5 years (for Bachelor) of field experience in managing education related programming or in the headquarters of a major NGO, INGO, or government department
- Experience in developing project technical designs including logframes, ITTs, detailed implementation plans
- Experience in developing grant technical project proposals
- Experience coordinating teams and multiple staff
- Proven experience in operations management
- Experience working in a rural or remote district of Nepal
- Experience in preparing and leading training workshops
- Work experience with an INGO/NGO
- Experience working in a coordination role at national level
“World Vision is committed to achieving diversity, as the diversity of our teams is critical to our overall success. WV welcomes applications from qualified professionals all over Nepal. Women, people with disability, and members from other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.”
“Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with WV as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that WVI Nepal shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates, in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. WVI Nepal has zero tolerance to child rights’ violations, by employees and/or affiliates.”
WVI Nepal reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.