Website Helvetas Nepal
ENSSURE II, is a bilateral initiative of Governments of Nepal and Switzerland. It seeks to help Nepalese youths, women, and men, gain social and economic benefits from a federalized TVET system. To the end, the project has been supporting 3 spheres of governments to deliver TVET functions as per their constitutional mandate. The project is being implemented by the Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) at the federal level, by the Ministry of Social Development at the provincial level, and by municipalities within these provinces at the local level with technical support from Helvetas Nepal. Building on the experience of its phase 1, the project has been supporting the governments to scale up and institutionalize work-based learning, which includes Dual VET- Apprenticeship, Training with OJT and Workers’ Further Training. Besides, the project has been providing career guidance to youths, and students in grade 9 and 10.
Helvetas Nepal invites applications from competent and committed Nepali Citizens for the following positions:
Private Sector Engagement Specialist
Duty Station : Project Support Unit (PSU), Bhaktapur
Strengthen the engagement of Private Sector in TVET, Dual VET apprenticeship program in particular, by demonstrating incentive and building their capacity to engage in the training cylce.
lead to link TVET institutions with private sector firms and service providers as well as develop Work-Based Learning programs for TVET students and graduates in partnership with the private sector.
Roles and Responsibilities
Compliance to policies, rules/regulations, and guidelines
- Compliance with the GoN and donor policies and approaches as relevant and required;
- Adhere to relevant policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines of HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation (Personnel, Financial, Administrative policies; Security Response Guide; Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Guide; Sexual Harassment & Mobbing Policy; Code of Conduct Against Corruption etc.) and other specific policies applicable for the project.
Private Sector Engagement
- Develop Private Sector Engagement strategy (PSE) of the project and operational plan for strengthening PSE in project interventions;
- Identify the appropriate partner associations and partner industries for scaling up of the Dual VET apprenticeship program;
- Support in development of apprenticeship/Work-Based Learning (WBL) programs in partnership with private sector firms/service providers;
- Ensure the program adaptively responds to changes in the operating environment to meet the desired objectives.
Capacity building of Business Associations and their members to participate in the TVET
- Lead the development of partnerships between TVET institutions and private sector firms/service providers;
- Support the partner industry associations to establish and operationalize the Skill Development Unit (SDU);
- Support the province government and industry associations in skills demand mapping and projection;
- Support industries and industry associations to develop and update their Human Resource Management (HRM) strategy that is inclusive of Dual VET apprenticeship;
- Support the partner industries to improve the occupational Health and Safety (OHS) in the workplace;
- Support to build the capacity of the industry associations to engage in the training cycle (occupation identification, skills standard development, apprentices’ selection, apprentices placement, training implementation and supervision, job placement).
Support Business /industry associations and their members to actively participate in the training cycle
The incumbent will supprot the business/indsutry assocations in,
- Supporting developing long-term partnership between the training institutes and industries for the Dual VET apprenticeship program;
- Mapping of the skill demands in the members industries and maintain the data base do the skills demand;
- Participate in skills standard and curriculum development and revision;
- Apprentices and trainees hiring /selection including organizing “Hire an Apprentice Day”;
- Upgrade skills of existing workers of the partner industries and promote lifelong learning;
- Build the capacity of the in-company trainers in training supervision and assessment.
Fostering Public Private Partnership in TVET
- Support to foster collaboration between province government and local governments for scaling up Dual VET apprenticeship program and expand the career guidance services;
- Forge collaboration between the province, local governments, and private sector to operationalize and expand the services of Career Guidance Centre (CGC) established at Provinces;
- Support Province and local governments to prepare and update their private sector engagement strategy and polices in TVET.
Other Specific Responsibilities
- Professionally discharge other tasks assigned by the Team Leader
- Be proactive in bringing innovations and taking new initiatives in the programme and the organization
Minimum Education Attainment: Master’s Degree in Business Administration or in a relevant field with minimum 5 years of experience in Private Sector Engagement (PSE), preferably in TVET program
- Experience working in the private sector or a demonstrated understanding of private sector engagement principles and ability to develop a vision for both private and public sector alignment/convergence
- Thorough understanding of private sector and actors in Nepal
- Excellent skills in stakeholder mapping, outreach, engagement, and partnership development in support of program activities
- Five years of relevant and progressively increasing responsibility developing and maintaining strategic relationships between public and private sector partners and growing those partnerships
- Demonstrated success working with senior private sector partners, donors, international organization partners, and other key program stakeholders creating linkages and fostering long-term productive relationships
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering partnerships
- Commitment towards gender equality, social inclusion, and poverty reduction is a must
Duration: Till 2025 with the possibility of extension
Salary and Benefits: As per rules and regulation of Helvetas Nepal
Priority will be given to the local candidates (candidates from or the surroundings of the duty station.)
Application Procedures: Interested candidates who meet above requirements are requested to visit our website at http://apply.helvetas.org.np and submit application through online portal. Detailed job description is available in the website.
Any telephone enquiries/and or attempts to apply undue influence will result disqualification of candidates. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the selection process. Helvetas Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons.
Helvetas Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups [Woman, Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai, and other miority communities).
Deadline for submission of application: 6 February 2024.