Website Helvetas Nepal
ENSSURE II, is a bilateral initiative of Governments of Nepal and Switzerland. It seeks to help Nepalese youths, women, and men, gain social and economic benefits from a federalized TVET system. To the end, the project has been supporting 3 spheres of governments to deliver TVET functions as per their constitutional mandate. The project is being implemented by the Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) at the federal level, by the Ministry of Social Development at the provincial level, and by municipalities within these provinces at the local level with technical support from Helvetas Nepal. Building on the experience of its phase 1, the project has been supporting the governments to scale up and institutionalize work-based learning, which includes Dual VET- Apprenticeship, Training with OJT and Workers’ Further Training. Besides, the project has been providing career guidance to youths, and students in grade 9 and 10.
Helvetas Nepal invites applications from competent and committed Nepali Citizens for the following positions:
Component Manager – Career Guidance – 1 position(s) – Open for All
Duty Station : Kathmandu- Bagmati Province (with 50% time in field visits in the provinces)
This position will require working in close coordination with Province Project Support Units. The position holder is responsible to :
- Lead the Career guidance component in the project including School to Work (STW) transition initiatives.
- Provide strategic support to the province governments in operation of career guidance service centres and STW transition initiatives.
- Provide strategic Support to LGs in planning and implementing career guidance including STW transition initiatives in community schools.
- Collaborate with schools regarding the career guidance and STW transition initiatives;
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Compliance of Policies, Guidelines and Manuals
- Adhere to relevant policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines of HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Nepal (Personnel, Financial, Administrative policy manual, Security Response Guide, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Guide, Sexual Harassment & Mobbing Policy, Code of Conduct Against Corruption etc.) and other specific policies applicable for the HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Nepal.
- Adhere to the policies and rules of the Government of Nepal and Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) that are related to programme.
- Contribute to Conflict Sensitive Programme Management at all levels.
2. Programme Implementation and Coordination (40%):
- Ensure smooth operation of the project activities related to CG and STW transition initiatives at the province and local level by providing support to the team members at Province.
- Ensure the outcomes and outputs are achieved as envisioned by the project!
- Support PGs and LGs to provide information on career guidance and STW transition initiatives and its prospects to the perspective youth;
- Facilitate LGs/PGs, community schools in planning and delivering career guidance and STW transition initiatives –selection of schools, planning for interventions, managing service providers, training teachers and delivery of career guidance sessions;
- Be responsible for developing career guidance materials/outreach materials and support private publisher in publishing and selling CG materials.
- Coordinate with PG and LGs to integrate career guidance initiatives into broader educational and professional development plan
- Ensure effective implementation of relevant guidelines, manuals and IEC materials in career guidance services
- Work with province PSU and provide necessary technical assistance to the PIU as well as the assigned LGs;
- Support Planning and results measurement Specialist to compile the annual budget to feed into Line Ministry Budget Information System (LMBIS), and ensure that the project budgets (of LG, PGs) are reflected in the LMBIS;
- Maintain the quality of the project activities and results at province and LGs;
- Support LGs and PG to prepare vision, strategy and plan regarding implementation of Caree guidance interventions, and focus on system strengthening approach, allocate sufficient HR and other resources while doing so;
- Support in organizing the quarterly, semi-annual and annual review and planning meetings,
- Organize capacity building activities related to career guidance, province level workshops, sharing forums, meetings and exchanges for the responsible personnel at LGs and PG;
- Organize timely monitoring of the project activities and ensure that the proper knowledge management has been carried;
- Support on periodic evaluation of project activities as mentioned in the project document;
- Represent the project in relevant forums at different levels;
- Safeguard the quality implementation of career guidance sessions in schools and give necessary inputs to LGs/ PG;
- Plan and coordinate for Career Guidance teachers’ training, logistics and coordination
- Support LGs to organize career and Job fair in leadership of local government
- Make sure the information is updated on ENSSURE database system;
3. Management (20%)
- Matrix manage the career guidance related team members and provide mentorship, training and professional development opportunities to enhance the team performance.
- Manage experts, consultants and ensure the career guidance materials are developed, used and up-to-date
- Support in overall management (planning and implementation) of the career guidance component and ensure quality assurance in terms of the achievement of project outcomes at the assigned province;
- Support LGs to oversee the performance of the implementing partners, schools for implementation of career guidance component.
4. Monitoring and knowledge management (20%)
- Ensure LGs in monitoring career guidance session, compiling the information and producing reports;
- Monitor the progress from implementing partners regarding career guidance;
- Develop implementation and monitoring guidelines related to career guidance interventions and support in capacity building of LGs and PGs;
- Ensure that implementing partners(schools, partner organizations) meets the compliance of timely submission of the progress reports, financial compliance and other relevant deliverables as per the plan;
- Develop monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual progress reports relating to career guidance activities
- Document the processes, lessons learned, best practices, case studies/success stories and other relevant information regularly and feed into the project’s reporting system;
- Conduct studies related to CG (e.g. Impact study).
5. Coordination, collaboration and networking (20%)
- Establish regular communication mechanism for coordination and collaboration among local government, schools, teachers, principals etc;
- Coordinate and provide necessary support to relevant stakeholders including LGs and PGs.
Other specific responsibilities as assigned.
- Perform other tasks as per the project’s requirement and as assigned by the supervisor;
- Be proactive in bringing innovations and taking new initiatives into the programme and the organization.
Required Skills and Competencies
A. Minimum Education Attainment: Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Science, Management or in any relevant discipline. A relevant professional certificate related to career guidance is an advantage.
B. Minimum Professional Experience: Minimum 7 years of overall working experience with
- 5 years of working experience with youths and or students,
- 2 years of experience in program /project implementation and management,
- 2 years of experience in providing and or managing career guidance services to students and or youths
C. The followings are the desirable competencies of the candidates
- Prior experience on, and good understating of , lifelong learning, guidance/counselling approaches, personality test.
- Good understanding of students/youths issues, and the challenges they face during the transition – academic transition, transition to labor market, transition in the employment.
- Conversant with the education system of Nepal including TVET and good understanding of local and international labor market.
- Prior experience of providing technical assistance ( TA) to Federal, Province and local government will be an added advantage.
- High level of integrity and professional code of ethics
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and programmatic competencies
- Excellent communication, facilitation and report writing skills in English and Nepali
- Result oriented, strong motivator, a team player, and a coach.
- Commitment towards gender equality, social inclusion, and poverty reduction
- IT Proficiency in using office application software
Duration: Till 2025 with the possibility of extension
Salary and Benefits: As per rules and regulation of Helvetas Nepal
Priority will be given to the local candidates (candidates from or the surroundings of the duty station.)
Application Procedures: Interested candidates who meet above requirements are requested to visit our website at http://apply.helvetas.org.np and submit application through online portal. Detailed job description is available in the website.
Any telephone enquiries/and or attempts to apply undue influence will result disqualification of candidates. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the selection process. Helvetas Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons.
Helvetas Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups [Woman, Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai, and other miority communities).
Deadline for submission of application: 6 February 2024.