Website Sanima Bank Limited
Sanima Bank seeks applications from highly motivated, creative, result oriented and competent Nepalese citizens for following positions.
Officer- Environment and Social Risk Management (ESRM)
Corporate Position: Junior Officer to Officer
Location: Head Office
Education: Master’s Degree in Environmental Science/Environmental Engineering/ Environmental Management or equivalent degree from recognized University.
Experience: At least three and four years of experience in environmental and social risk management with focus in integrating E&S considerations into Bank’s financing activities for applying to Junior Officer and Officer level respectively.
Age: Not exceeding 40 years as on June 28, 2023.
- Focus in establishing applicable E&S requirements for clients such as complying with national E&S regulations and international standards, and be committed to improving the overall E&S performance of Bank’s portfolio through enhanced risk management in related field.
- Works with various lending units of the bank to assess and manage environmental and social risk for financing activities of bank.
- Leads transaction reviews across a variety of sectors (metals and mining, oil and gas, forestry, power and other large infrastructure sectors), across all geographies
- Participate in transaction approvals and advise on potential ESRM requirements for internal policy purposes.
- Join client calls and meetings to discuss client environmental and social risks and advise them on meeting regulators as well as international ESRM standards.
- Provide advice to lending unit heads and help develop governance structures for emerging sustainable finance products
- Leverage third party ESG data platforms, conduct corporate-level and portfolio-level reviews of high-risk sectors to identify any clients that present elevated environmental, social or reputational risk.
- Design, develop and conduct ESRM training for capacity building of staff.
- Apply sound ethical judgment regarding business practices and personal conduct to safeguard the firm’s reputation and drive compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Candidates should clearly specify the personal and professional details and name of organization they are working at present. Candidates are not encouraged to apply more than one position higher than their current corporate position. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for further selection process. Education qualification of candidate shall be given secondary importance in case s/he holds considerable years of relevant experience. Bank reserves right to accept and reject any application without assigning any reason whatsoever. The decision of the Bank in this regard shall be final and binding to the applicants. Canvassing at any stage of the process shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: Jun 28, 2023 -05:00 PM