Website Nepal Renewable Energy Programme (NREP)
Position Title: Administration Assistant
Full/Part-Time: Full-Time Position
Reports to: Operations Manager
Primary Position Location: Kathmandu
Duration of Contract: November 2023 – March 2024 with the possibility of extension
The Nepal Renewable Energy Programme (NREP) is a Government of Nepal programme funded by the British Embassy-Kathmandu (BE-K) aiming to transformational change in Sustainable Energy development in Nepal through increased private investment resulting in low-carbon economic growth and sustainable energy access for all. NREP operates in three Provinces: Madhesh, Lumbini, and Karnali. The Programme is implemented by the Alternative Energy Promotion Centre (AEPC) with Technical Assistance from the DAI Global UK Consortium— including DAI, Winrock International, Policy Entrepreneurs Inc., and Samriddha Pahad.
Briefly, NREP has been designed to increase private sector investment to develop distributed renewable energy markets, primarily in commercial, institutional, and industrial market sectors; increase universal energy access, and a corresponding higher quality of life, to Nepali citizens living in remote regions and facilitate a policy, planning, legal construct, and regulatory environment conducive to both enabling and sustaining progress in RE market development and universal energy access.
NREP has also supported the design and implementation of the viability gap-based fund called Sustainable Energy Challenge Fund (SECF) to increase private sector investment to develop distributed renewable energy markets. The SECF is embedded with Central Renewable Energy Fund (CREF) the financial mechanism of AEPC. SECF provides both financial and technical assistance to the distributed sustainable energy projects to ensure their financial viability and sustainable operation. The SECF is designed to attract private sector investments into the RE sector either in the form of equity and credit. SECF will de-risk investments into near commercial viability from the projects.
Scope of work for Administrative Assistant
Admin Assistant provides support to Operations Manager and Finance Office on the day to day office operations and programme logistics. Specific responsibilities include:
- Review the invoice received from vendors/service provider and support finance officer in payment process.
- Keep tracker of different service providers agreements, lease agreements etc and liaison with finance officer for timely fund disbursement.
- Manage the monthly advance register.
- Support Finance Officer in electronic filing of vouchers and other documents.
- Support in electronic deposit of retirement fund and tax to the government authority
- Perform duties of front desk to receive the call and manage the visitor as per the safety guidelines
- Support Operations Manager in booking the hotels/ air tickets for staff travel.
- Raise requisition in the system as per the request from the team for the purchase of goods and services.
- Ensure that there are adequate supplies of stationery and toiletries and facilitate the purchase of supplies.
- Manage the petty cash fund and ensure that there are sufficient and adequate supporting documents while disbursement of fund to staff/vendors.
- Carry out any other related tasks, as given by the supervisor.
Qualification and experience:
- At least a Bachelor Degree holder in Business, Finance, Management, Administration
- At least 2 years of working experience in administration management.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- Able to work confidently in an international environment.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office tools.
If you are interested in applying for these positions, please send us your application via email, no later than CoB on 22nd October 2023 to NREPrecruitment@NREPNEPAL.COM . In your email, please include;
- Your motivation, outlining why you believe you would be the perfect fit for this job.
- Your updated Curriculum Vitae with three recent references and
- Copies of your key relevant educational degrees.
- Mention the name of the position in the subject of the email
Even though we appreciate your interest in NREP work, we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.