Website Helvetas Nepal
Helvetas Nepal is a Swiss non-governmental organization actively contributing to the improvement of living conditions of poor and disadvantaged people in Nepal. Helvetas Nepal, for its Infrastructure project in Sindhupalchowk, invites applications from competent committed Nepali citizens for the following positions:
Logistics & Finance Officer – 1 position(s) – Open for All
Duty Station : Sindhupalchwok
Support for finance, administration and logistics management of the project;
Coordinate for supply and delivery of non-local construction materials in restoration activities;
Overall management of Storage Units and maintain up to date record.
Duties and Responsibilities
Implementation of Policies, Guidelines and Manuals
Adhere relevant policies, rules, regulations and guidelines of HELVETAS Nepal (Code of Conduct; NPR-Nepal; Finance Manual; Security Response Guide; Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Guide; Mobbing, Sexual Harassment & Abuse of Authority; Code of Conduct Against Corruption; Conflict Sensitive Programme Management, Basic Operating Guideline etc.);
Ensure Conflict Sensitive Programme Management at all levels;
Ensure compliance of all the terms and conditions agreed between HELVETAS Swiss Inter cooperation Nepal and the local partner.
Administration and Logistics Management Support
- Assist Finance and Administrative Manager in day-to-day administrative management of the project;
- Support in procurement of non-local construction materials, tools/ equipment and ensure delivery to the beneficiaries;
- Develop and maintain an organized and efficient filing system on administrative and financial matters;
- Management of storage units including safety and security of the units in the district;
- Establish proper and efficient recording system in the storage unit;
- Ensue safety and security of office premises and office assets including keeping up to date inventory of office assets;
- Ensure logistics arrangement for travel, training, meeting and workshops;
- Manage insurance of office staff and office assets;
- Check and maintain leave record, timesheets, medical expenses claim process etc;
- Overall management of office vehicles and motorbikes including timely servicing, repair/maintenance;
- Ensure proper maintenance of vehicle logbook by concerned staff; regularly check logbook and prepare statement of private kilometre used by staff and other in-house projects;
- Maintain inventory of all office assets, periodic update and verification and prepare a yearly inventory of office items;
- Guide and supervise Driver and other support staff.
- Support Finance and Administrative Manager to implement the accounting system for the project according to the rules and regulations of HELVETAS Nepal;
- Operate the bank account of the project in the guidance of Finance and Administrative Manager and manage the petty cash on responsible way;
- Prepare payments to various suppliers/vendors/service providers and partner organization according to the agreements;
- Settlement of various claims made by project staff e.g. travel expenses, children education allowance and other expenses according to HELVETAS Nepal rules and regulations;
- Prepare vouchers, entry into accounting software and support for monthly financial closing;
- Ensure timely submission of TDS at IRD;
- Ensure timely bank deposits, prepare bank cheques/transfer etc;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements of project bank account;
- Support to external audits.
Other specific responsibilities as assigned
Other tasks as and when necessary and as requested by Finance and Administrative Manager.
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Competencies
Required Education/ Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in Business Administration/ Management, Commerce;
- Minimum 3 years’ of work experience in administration, logistics and finance management preferably in I/NGO.
- Good understanding of VAT/ Tax rules and regulations
- Good understanding of the generally accepted accounting principles and national accounting standards
- Good time management and task prioritization skills
- Commitment towards gender equality, social inclusion and poverty reduction
- Result-oriented personality/ meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, intercultural competencies and team player
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with multiple requests
- Proficiency in using office application software, especially good working knowledge of MS-Excel
- Willingness and availability to be based in remote areas
- Fluency in Nepali and English, both written and oral
Application Procedures: Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to visit our website at: http://apply.helvetas.org.np and submit an application through the online portal. The detailed job descriptions are available on the website.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further screening process. HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to women candidates and candidates from Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai, and other minority communities.
Application Deadline : 03 Sep, 2023
Source: Kantipur Dainik, 19 August, 2023