Information Comm. Technology Officer (Digital Solutions), NOB, Fixed-Term, ROSA, Kathmandu, Nepal #109619
Job no: 569535
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Kathmandu
Categories: Information Communication Technology
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Hope
How can you make a difference?
The purpose of the incumbent’s role is to promote and support UNICEF’s Digital Transformation Strategy through collection and analysis of business-requirements; including, design, development, implementation, documentation, and post-production support to digital solutions contributing to ECM, KM, T4D and Process-Automation activities. The incumbent also provides back-fill support to the ICT Officer (NO-A) as Local Site Administrator (LSA).
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties or tasks include:
1. Collection and elicitation of business needs and translation into technical requirements
- Proactively collaborates with programme/operations stakeholders to identify their requirements
- Assists stakeholders in developing a business cases and needful documentation
- Collaborates internally within UNICEF and with the third-party vendors in designing digital solution
- Prepares documentation for ICT Governance, Project-Portfolio and Enterprise Architecture deliberations as relevant
- Develops and maintains system documentation and source code ins compliance with UNICEF policies and standards.
2. Development, implementation and post-production support to digital solutions
- Coordinates within UNICEF and with the third-party vendors in the development of digital solutions
- Coordinates project-management activities including UAT and process-owner signoff activities
- Coordinates change-management activities for adoption and implementation of digital solutions
- Monitors progress and provides assistance in preparations of management reporting
- Assists in providing information for reports, reviews, or audits.
3. Management of 3rd party vendors and contracts engaged to develop software solutions
- Manages third-party contracts and LTAs
- Manages project budget and certifies vendor claims
- Assists in the procurement of technical capabilities and resources as relevant
- Assists in the development of project specific TORs
- Assists in evaluation and selection of third-party services
4. Technical documentations and system administration
- Develops and maintains technical documentation for digital solutions as relevant (T4D and Business-process technology solutions)
- Maintains portfolio of all digital solutions developed, maintained, and administered by ROSA
- Conducts periodical security audit and compliance activities (and document the outcomes)
- Administers and maintains access-control in coordination with the respective business process owners of the digital solutions
- Provides back-fill support to the ICT Officer (NO-A) as Local Site Administrator (LSA)
5. Knowledge-management, Knowledge-transfer, and end-user training
- Provides insights on the analysis of business needs and elaboration of functional requirements and quality attributes of the content and knowledge management (KM) solutions
- Leads the technical implementation to enable collaboration and knowledge management through Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Team sites, Office365 and other tools as relevant
- Ensures that organization standards as well as industry best practices are considered in the vendor and tool selection, information structure, information security, metadata, and system architecture as relevant
- Monitors and produce reports and insights on the system performance and perform usage statistics analysis relevant to the KM platforms
- Coordinates the development and maintenance support of websites, microsites and other online services where gaps are identified.
- Conducts knowledge-transfer and end-user-trainings on KM and ECM platforms and tools as relevant
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Education: A University degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology management, business administration or related social science field is required.
- Experience: A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience in information technology management and business operations, specifically in software development to support business operations and knowledge management, in a large international organization and/or corporation is required. Experience in a UN organization is an asset.
- Technical Competencies:
- Demonstrated substantial hands-on experience in software development of web-based applications using Microsoft frameworks tools and platforms, eg. .Net and MS SQL Server, and Open-Source platforms, eg. PHP and MySQL.
- Demonstrated substantial hands-on experience in development solutions using SharePoint 2010 or higher.
- Experience in managing IT projects, particularly software development projects.
- Familiarity with and good understanding of Microsoft IT network environment concepts and operations, eg. server and VM installation and administration, Active Directory Services.
- Certification in one or more of these ICT technical competencies: ICT Project Management, Information Security, Telecommunications, Networks Information Security and Software Engineering and Programming highly desirable.
- Experience in developing mobile applications desirable.
- Knowledge of UNICEF’s ICT landscape, standard platforms and KM solutions an advantage.
- Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Nepali is highly desirable. Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are:
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Deadline: 22 Feb 2024 Nepal Standard Time