Website Higher Ground Community Development Nepal
About the Organization:
Higher Ground Community Development Nepal (HGCDN), a registered non-governmental organization (NGO), whose mission is to transform the lives of individuals through socio-economic empowerment was established in 2008 and is affiliated with the Social Welfare Council (SWC). It focuses on children, adolescents, youth and women who are at-risk of being exploited due to poverty, gender discrimination, lack of access to education, and unemployment. Such individuals are highly likely to be exposed to abusive circumstances and become victims of physical and emotional abuse and human trafficking.
To achieve its mission, the organization uses multi-faceted approaches by focusing on five major programs: Emergency Shelter and Support, Education Support, Community Awareness, Entrepreneurial Development and Skills Development.
We are looking for a highly motivated and organized IT & Communication Officer to join our fast-growing NGO and social enterprise. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing effective communication strategies to promote our initiatives and engage our audience. In this role, you must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to create engaging content.
- Develop and implement communication strategies to promote our initiatives and engage our audience.
- Maintain and update the organization’s official website and social media pages on a regular basis.
- Create and distribute engaging content, such as press releases, newsletters, reports, audio-visual content, and promotional materials.
- Monitor communication channels and respond to feedback.
- Establish relationships with media contacts and other stakeholders.
- Collect information from relevant team members and design Newsletters, Information, Education and Communication materials and other documents for the organization.
- Monitor trends, competitor activities, and industry news.
- Develop scripts for development of stories and documentaries and produce them.
- Maintain a photo and video bank in a systematic manner.
- Carry out any other tasks that are required of the position as per organizational need.
- Master’s degree in related field
- At least two years of experience in communications and/or public relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of online platforms and the ability to create engaging content
- Good with computers and content creation tools (Video editing software, Photo Editing software, Graphics Designing tools)
- Experience with WordPress web development
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
If you possess the necessary skills and experience for this role, send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.