Website Habitat for Humanity International
No. of vacancies: 1 (One)
Date of Announcement: 20 June 2023
Duration: Till 30 June 2024 (Extendable if funding and need permits)
Location: Habitat for Humanity International, Kathmandu Office
Reports to: Sr. Finance Coordinator
Field Visits: 15%-time field travel
The Finance Officer is responsible for supporting the Finance Department in financial transactions, documents review, and ensuring a proper budget code is used. Similarly, assist the department to record financial transactions into SUN Systems, and maintain the books of account or records up to date.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and review the invoices, and supporting documents, and process for payments ensuring all financial policies and procedures of Habitat Nepal are followed.
- Assist in expense recording and reconciling the balances (receivables, payables, and others).
- Visit the bank for tax, PF, SSF deposit, and other offices for finance purposes.
- Provide support on budgeting, and financial monitoring as required.
- Support filling of financial documents.
- Review travel expenditure report and supporting documents for settlement of travel advance.
- Provide support on the filing of financial documents.
- Supports the supervisor in the day-to-day activities of the finance department.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
In accordance with its foundational mission principles, Habitat for Humanity International is committed to the highest ethical standards and opposes all forms of discrimination, exploitation, and abuse. We intend to create and maintain a work and living environment that is safe, productive, and respectful for our colleagues and for all we serve. We require that all staff take seriously their ethical responsibilities to Safeguarding (Child Protection, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation Harassment, and Abuse) our intended beneficiaries, their communities (especially children), and all those with whom we work. In line with the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse, all staff must pass a thorough background screening, and police check and will be held accountable for upholding our policies around ethical behavior, including safeguarding and whistleblowing. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation, and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
Education Qualification, Professional Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Economics, Business, or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a related field in the development sector.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Fluency in oral and written English & Nepali.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of accounting software. SUN System, FAMAS is preferred
How to Apply: Habitat for Humanity Nepal is an equal-opportunity organization. Women, persons with disabilities, and marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply through the online form made available at – https://merojob.com/habitatnepal/
The application submission deadline is 5 July 2023
Human Resources Department, Habitat for Humanity Nepal
We strive to keep our recruitment process consistent and fair. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.