Website United Nations
Job Opening ID: 226996
Job Network: Public Information and Conference Management
Job Family: IMA
Category and Level: Consultants, CON
Duty Station: KATHMANDU
Department/Office: Resident Coordinator System
Result of Service
Editing/ Speech Development Service for RCO Nepal
UN RCO Nepal
16 Feb-15 Nov 2024
Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Resident Coordinators Office (UN RCO) in Kathmandu plays a vital role in communicating the United Nations’ mandate and initiatives in Nepal. Effective communication is paramount in articulating the organization’s goals. To enhance communication quality, UN RCO seeks the services of a qualified Speech Writer/Editor to provide expert support in editing/speech writing service.
The Editor/ Speech Writer will be responsible for:
- Create, edit and revise various forms of communication products, including but not limited to correspondence and technical documentation such as speeches, talking points, messages for specific occasions, opinions, in a consistent and coherent manner for the UN Resident Coordinator.
- For the above, conduct desk research of materials, including the materials produced by UN Agencies and UN Secretary General and other relevant organizations, in consultation with substantive units and relevant staff within and beyond the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office.
- Edit and proof-read written documents prepared by the RCO thematic leads and UN Agencies staff, including checking spelling, acronyms and other abbreviations, etc. The drafting and editing work may require some additional research and coordination with relevant staff.
- Ensure all written work is authentic, original and appropriately cited and/or referenced.
- Support any other writing tasks related to communications of the UN Resident Coordinator, as required and adhere to tight deadlines.
- University degree in communication, creative writing, journalism, public relations, international relations, or related disciplines.
- Proven professional experience of at least five years in writing and content development for international organizations or media.
Excellent command of English; proficiency in Nepali is an advantage.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Deadline: Feb 5, 2024