Website Abt Associates
Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, Adaptation, and Learning (MEAL Director)- Nepal Agriculture Transformation
The World at Abt
Solving the world’s most pressing issues and improving the quality of life for people worldwide is what we do every day at Abt Associates. Creating a more equitable world is no small task, but we are driven by big challenges.
We are a team of 3,000+ people in over 50 countries working in unison and focused on the bigger picture. Only by sharing our commitment, energy, and innovation do we affect change and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome diverse ideas, backgrounds, and viewpoints – joining Abt means access to exceptional thinkers at the top of their game.
To thrive at Abt is to embrace flexibility and collaboration. Our open culture allows you to balance your work and personal life as needed to optimize personal well-being. Creating a more equitable world starts from within – we look after people around the world, and we’ll do the same for you.
Ready to embrace rewarding and meaningful work? Now’s your chance.
Abt Associates seeks a Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, Adaptation, and Learning (MEAL Director) to support the anticipated 5-year USAID-funded Agriculture Transformation activity. The purpose of the activity is to catalyze a transformation in Nepal’s agricultural sector and lay the foundation for broad-based and inclusive economic growth. The objectives are expected to cover:
- Increased agricultural productivity and competitiveness;
- An improved policy environment;
- Climate and economic resilience for women, youth, and marginalized communities;
- Strengthened agricultural research institutions and extension systems.
The activity will focus on fine rice, industrial maize, lentils, high-value vegetables, and goat value chains and will focus implementation in selected districts in four provinces: Bagmati, Lumbini, Karnali, and Sudurpaschim.
As the MEAL Director, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and regular updating of the Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Learning Plan (MELP). You will lead the process to effectively use data for programming decisions, facilitating continuous implementation learning and adapting, working with team members to ensure the project achieves its performance targets, and overseeing any operational research, studies or assessments. The position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal and is contingent upon project award.
- Develop and finalize a comprehensive MEAL and Adaptive Management Plan for the life of the project, in collaboration with the project senior leadership, USAID/Nepal, Abt’s project management officer, and relevant Nepalese stakeholders.
- Oversee the day-to-day implementation and management of MELP for the project at the central and sub-national levels, including customization, roll out and management of a cloud-based M&E system.
- Collaborate with sector stakeholders and activity partners and beneficiaries to regularly collect quality indicator data, relevant statistics and other technical information to inform project progress towards broad goals and targeted results.
- Develop, operationalize and oversee MELP components including indicator reference sheets, standard data collection tools and processes, data management approaches, data quality assurance (DQA) protocols, and data analysis plans, and train appropriate program staff in their use.
- Directly supervise and manage the performance of all project-based M&E staff.
- Lead programming and budgeting for activity learning activities, events and products and guide related communications to diverse stakeholders and partners, within and outside Ukraine.
- Support programmatic decision-making at all levels through data analysis, reporting and communication of program learnings across multiple locations.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party to ensure timely preparation and submission of all program deliverables, including work plans and progress reports.
- Liaise with other MEAL Directors and managers working at Abt on related Agriculture and Economic Growth programs.
What We Value
- Minimum of a master’s degree in business, agriculture, economics, international relations or another relevant field.
- Minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning on large, complex development projects; experience with USAID-funded activities preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in supporting project baseline and endline data collection and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience managing the day-to-day aspects of rigorous M&E data collection, analysis and quality control for agriculture-related projects that measure productivity, sales and investment.
- Experience developing and managing learning and adaptation activities, including formulation and regular updating of MELPs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, good judgment, demonstrated team leadership, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills, in English.
- Extensive experience in knowledge management and dissemination of project results to diverse audiences.
- Advanced computer literacy in basic office applications and preference for experience using communications software.
What We Offer
We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits, flexible schedules, and professional development.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Job Identification: 104841
Job Category: Program Delivery
Apply Before: 05/30/2024, 07:10 PM
Locations: Kathmandu, Nepal
Job Schedule: Full time
Regular or Temporary: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
To apply for this job please visit egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.