Website Abt Associates
Director of Finance and Administration – Nepal Agriculture Transformation
Job Identification: 104006
Job Category: Business Operations
Job Schedule: Full time
Locations: Abt Associates, Kathmandu, NP
The World at Abt
Solving the world’s most pressing issues and improving the quality of life for people worldwide is what we do every day at Abt Associates. Creating a more equitable world is no small task, but we are driven by big challenges.
We are a team of 3,000+ people in over 50 countries working in unison and focused on the bigger picture. Only by sharing our commitment, energy, and innovation do we affect change and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome diverse ideas, backgrounds, and viewpoints – joining Abt means access to exceptional thinkers at the top of their game.
To thrive at Abt is to embrace flexibility and collaboration. Our open culture allows you to balance your work and personal life as needed to optimize personal well-being. Creating a more equitable world starts from within – we look after people around the world, and we’ll do the same for you.
Ready to embrace rewarding and meaningful work? Now’s your chance.
Abt Associates seeks a Director of Finance and Administration to support the anticipated 5-year USAID-funded Agriculture Transformation activity. The purpose of the activity is to catalyze a transformation in Nepal’s agricultural sector and lay the foundation for broad-based and inclusive economic growth. The objectives are expected to cover:
- Increased agricultural productivity and competitiveness;
- An improved policy environment;
- Climate and economic resilience for women, youth, and marginalized communities;
- Strengthened agricultural research institutions and extension systems.
The activity will focus on fine rice, industrial maize, lentils, high-value vegetables, and goat value chains and will focus implementation in four provinces: Bagmati Province, Lumbini Province, Karnali Province, and Sudurpaschim Province.
As the Director of Finance and Administration, you will report to the Chief of Party (COP) and oversee the compliance in finance and administration of project activities. The position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal and is contingent upon project award.
1) Financial Management
- Ensure that project budget projections, expenditure, tracking, and reporting are in accordance with Abt and USAID project requirements, procedures, and practices for compliance and audits.
- Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems and provide financial performance updates on project activities.
- Develop and manage project banking procedures and transactions.
- Ensure compliance with USAID and Abt Associates policies, regulations and procedures governing the contract.
- Oversee the development of administrative and operations management systems and processes required to support project implementation, ensuring compliance with USAID and Abt policies and regulations.
- Oversee the administration of grants
3) Operations Management
- Manage the provision of operational support to project activities, ensuring that project senior management and program staff have the support required to implement planned activities.
- Manage implementation of financial, administrative, and human resources policies and procedures that meet project needs and corporate and client requirements.
- Provide ongoing financial administration to the project including approvals of purchase requisitions, local consultant agreements, vendor invoices, and the like.
- Oversee procurement efforts for the project including selection and negotiation with vendors, and management of subcontractors on the project in compliance with USAID and Abt Associates procurement regulations.
- Supervise institutional subcontracts with assistance from the home office project team.
- Guide the administrative team on aspects of project annual work planning, and ensure that quality operational plans, budgets, and reports are submitted as per contract agreements.
4) Human Resources & Performance Management
- Oversee all human resources management functions – recruitment, hiring, transition and termination; benefits administration; performance appraisal and ongoing performance management; leave tracking; rewards and recognition; disciplinary processes – in collaboration with the home office-based project team and Abt’s human resources department.
- Supervise all financial, administrative, and operational project support staff.
- Ensure that staff, team members and consultants understand their roles and responsibilities and comply with contract requirements, USAID and Abt Associates’ HR policies and procedures for hiring, performance reviews, terminations, etc.
- Provide training to staff on project procedures and build skill-levels of project staff in the area of finance, administration, and project management.
5) General Project Management
- Contribute financial reports to monthly and quarterly reporting processes, to enable the COP to provide regular status and progress reports to USAID and Abt Associates.
- In collaboration with the COP, coordinate with the home-based project management team to assure that all managerial and administrative matters are communicated, and actions comply with the provisions of the Contract and with USAID.
- Liaise with the home office-based project team and International Accounting Manager on all operational and financial issues.
What We Value
- A graduate degree in business administration, finance, accounting, management, or other relevant field required
- At least 10 years of professional work experience in the financial and administrative management of large complex development projects required, including 5 years of experience with USAID (desired) or other donor funding
- Supervisory and/or management work experience including: (1) direct supervision of professional and support staff; (2) quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables; (3) contract management (required); and (4) ability to lead complex programs and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams
- Experience managing financial transactions on USAID-funded programs required
- Previous experience administering USAID grants under contracts required
- Knowledge of USAID regulations and procedures required
- Excellent financial management skills and knowledge of management tools and computer applications
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with emphasis on budgeting and financial analysis
- Written and oral presentation skills in English and Nepali
What We Offer
We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits, flexible schedules, and professional development.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Apply Before: 11/01/2023, 03:41 AM
To apply for this job please visit egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.