Position: Data Analyst
At Itad, we work to make international development as effective as possible to improve more lives. We have done so since 1984. This means giving organisations the information and insight they need to make development work smarter and produce better results. It is complex, meticulous monitoring and evaluation work involving many different stakeholders across many different scenarios – exactly the kind of challenge on which we thrive. We work with governments, non-profits, universities, foundations and the private sector to support organisational learning and programme adaptation across a wide variety of international development contexts. To learn more about Itad, please visit our website: www.itad.com
We are now seeking Data Analyst(s) for an anticipated five-year monitoring, evaluation and learning contract. The position will be based in Katmandu, Nepal. The ideal candidate is a Nepalese data professional. They are solution oriented, resourceful, engaged, and able to work closely with and advise USAID. They want to help improve how development is delivered and are passionate about data and learning.
The Data Analyst(s) will support the MEL Specialists to provide excellence in analysis of quantitative, qualitative, and GIS data. You will advise on data sources to help answer key questions that can guide USAID’s investments. You will be familiar with the USAID Program Cycle and the portfolio of investment in Nepal. There is a preference for candidates who have strong analysis and data visualization skills. The period of performance is anticipated to be five years.
Duties and responsibilities
• Support the MEL Specialists to deliver high quality monitoring, evaluation and learning
• services by sourcing and analyzing data to answer key questions as required by USAID
• Highly skilled in using SPSS, Stata, or R and preferably also qualitative software packages such as DeDoose, MaxQDA, or NVivo
• Preference for experience using GIS data for analysis and mapping
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Recognized expert in data analysis and familiar with the monitoring, evaluation and learning sector
• Strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills with capability to effectively visualize data
• Solution oriented and a nice person to work with
• Loves to learn and willing to experiment with new technology and new ways of working
• Technical expertise in one or more thematic sectors (such as health, democracy and governance, education, civil society strengthening, environment etc.) a strong plus
• Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
• Nepalese national
Education and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or Master’s degree
• 5+ years of experience in data analysis with preference for monitoring, evaluation, and management consulting in international development programs
• Experience working on USAID funded projects
Itad is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.