Position Title: Finance and Admin Officer
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree
Based on: Kathmandu
Required Personnel: One
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Prepare the cash journal and financial reports, bookkeeping and ledger posting. Conduct the internal audits of project and monitor the transaction of the requisition and cash flow, and also monitor all bank deposits and payments. Timely payments of vendor’s bills and settlement of advance, liabilities and receivables etc. Responsible for annual remuneration tax assessment, monthly payroll, and TDS management.
2. Reporting and Documentation
Documentation of financial transactions by entering account information in to the system on regular basis. Prepare and assist the drafting of various periodic financial or administrative reports dealing with payables and receivables and cash flow in coordination with the concerned Program Manager or Project Officer for the individual donor reporting.
Prepare the annual programmatic and operational budget of the organization in close coordination with the Supervisor. Oversee the planning and preparation of projects budget for various program activities as per the donor requirements and accordance to the deliverable of the outputs.
4. Compliance Implement and timely update/upgrade the financial and administrative policies, procedures and directives and internal control mechanism of the organization in coordination with the Supervisor. Cross verify (compliance and relevancy) all financial transactions done by project staffs to meet the requirements of the individual donor. Ensure the timely payment of taxes on stipulated timeline as per Government’s rule and regulation. Responsible for financial closure of the individual projects, annual audit of the organization.
5. General Administration Provide the overall general administrative support to the staffs including the maintenance of attendance, contracting, logistical arrangement and maintenance of project document folders (staff contracts, consultant contracts, incoming and outgoing letters, etc.).
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration, business studies and other relevant field
- Minimum two years of experience in related fields preferred.
- Strong accounting software skills including Microsoft Office programs
- Exceptional leadership, time management, resource allocation, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Ready to travel frequently and perform field work whenever necessary.
- Two-wheeler license mandatory
- Excellent command over spoken Nepali and English languages.
*Note: Only Applicants with demonstrated expertise in finance within the NGO sector are encouraged to apply.
Submit an updated CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com before 18th August 2023. Call +977-9802343995; 01-4540085 for other required information.