Website SOSEC Nepal
SOSEC Nepal is working giving high priority and sensitivity to the rights of women, children, and youth empowerment. It works with various development partner organizations to obtain the rights of women, children, the Raute community, marginalized people and communities which are highly impacted by discrimination and inequality in Dailekh, Kalikot, and Surkhet districts of Karnali province, and Achham district of Sudurpaschim province of Nepal, using the integrated development approach. The organization is also adopting a zero-tolerance policy on violence against women, children and corruption.
SOSEC Nepal is going to implement project named “Girls Matter: Addresing Discrimination, and promoting Nutrition, WASH and Social Justice in the selected Municiplaities of Karnali)” in partnership with UNICEF Nepal and in coordination with Dullu Municipality of Dailekh district and Chaukune Rural Municipality of Surkhet District. This project aims to promote nutrition status, Child protection, WASH and social justice in selected municipalities i.e: Dullu Municipality, Dailekh and Chaukune Rural Municipality, Surkhet of Karnali province. The project seeks to combat discrimination and inequality by working with marginalized communities, especially women and girls, to enhance their access to basic services and advance their rights. The project will be carried out in collaboration with various government bodies and other stakeholders. Its activities include awareness-raising campaigns, capacity-building workshops, and the provision of basic services like healthcare, nutrition, and education. The project also seeks to empower marginalized communities by promoting their participation in decision-making processes and strengthening their social networks.
SOSEC Nepal is looking for qualified, dynamic, competent, and self-motivated Nepali citizens in Dailekh and Surkhet (Chaukune Rural Municipality and Dullu Municipality) for the Girls Matter project for immediate deployment to the field, subject to donor approval, for the following positions:
Advertised No : 001-03-080,81
Number of Position : Two (Total 2, One for Dullu and One for Chaukune)
Apply only for permanent resident of Chaukune & Dullu
Role and Responsibilities
The community mobilizer (CM) will play a vital role in social mobilization for the implementation of activities in the field to achieve the objectives stated in the project document making a major contribution to the development and articulation of organization’s objectives. The CM will report to the Program Officer and works in close coordination with the Program officer. The CM will be responsible for carrying out the activity implementation with the highest degree of targeted community engagement and building relationships with like-minded stakeholders for the smooth implementation of project interventions.
Implementation of the project
- Lead in smooth implementation of the project activities in the field as per activity implementation guideline, formation and activation of the child rights committee, child club, adolescents club and other network, mobilize them regularly, and provide necessary support to them with the coordination of field officer.
- Support to conduct community-level awareness on safe water, sanitation and hygiene practices and its linkage with nutrition, and Child protection.
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of the community mobilization for carrying out the project activities in a timely manner and behaviour change communication.
- Ensure quality delivery of the project activities as planned way and perfumed regular field visit to ensure the effective implementation of the planned activities.
- Participate and manage the workshop, training and support field officer for facilitation to establish and activate Child Rights Committee, Child clubs and other network.
- Support in the development of required manuals, guidelines, and resources materials for community mobilization and conduction of training workshops.
- Work closely maintaining the professional relationship with the local government, especially in the R/M and ward level
- Finanlize field level document, collect data, involve in survey, finalize minutes, attendance, report, case/ success story and submit to field officer.
- Facilitate the active participation of community members in project activities through effective communication and awareness raising campaign.
Documentation and Reporting
- Collect both qualitative and quantitative data, video clips, pictures, etc. from the field and assist with data processing and documentation in a proper way,
- Work in the compilation and development of project reports; the preparation of case stories; the collection of feedback and learning for developmental evaluation; in coordination with Field Officer and project team.
Coordination and Collaboration
- Establish and maintain close collaboration with the Dullu Municipality, and Chaukune Rural Municipality, the Girls Matter team, the School, Health center, child clubs, youth clubs, adolescents club, Child Rights Committee and other stakeholders for the synergetic implementation of the project .
- Work closely with the Program Officer and Project Coordinator to ensure the successful implementation of the envisioned Girls Matter project.
- Any other tasks developed during the implementation of the project.
- A secondary level education from reputed institution with the knowledge in WASH, Social Justice, protection and nutrition.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of three two’ experience in the Community Mobilization. Working in the WASH, Social Justice and Nutrition sector will be an added advantage.
- Good Understanding and experience in Community Mobilization
- Practical experience in facilitation and interaction with community leaders and community networks.
INFORMATION ABOUT EXAM:
- Types of Exam : Written and Interview
- Publication of Short list : 24th September, 2023
- Date of Exam : Conformed after Shortlist for Shortlisted Candidates only.
- Service & Facilities : As per Organization’s rules and regulation
Interested candidates are requested to submit their cover letter along with provided CV format at https://sosec.org.np/np/?p=3471 photocopies of citizenship and qualification by 23th September 2023 in email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Any kind of external influence will automatically disqualify the candidate. All rights related with recruitment process will be held by recruitment committee.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Women, Dalit, Sexual and Gender minorities, and people from marginalized community are encouraged to apply.The candiates must be sensitive on safeguarding issues.
For more details
Phone no: 089-410096/410187
Fax no: 089-410093
Visit website: www.sosec.org.np