Website Habitat for Humanity International Nepal
Position: Coordinator – Business Development
No. of vacancies: 1 (One)
Date of Announcement: 12 October 2023
Duration: One Year and Extendable
Reports to: Sr. Manager – Resource Development & Communications
Field Visits: 40% travel (Domestic)
Core Function: The incumbent will work closely with the Resource Development (RD) and Communication Team at Habitat Nepal and will contribute to the overall fundraising strategy, processes, and systems. S/he will support in the donor ‘call for proposal’ process, development of pipeline through donor mapping, researching and analyzing donor priorities, identifying funding opportunities and working with Nepal team to conceptualize and pitch new programs and projects. This role collaborates with Programme, Grants and Compliance, and Finance teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Development (80%)
- Identify and assess funding opportunities, particularly with bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, institutional donors and foundations.
- Coordinate bid processes, including administrative requirements and eligibility checks relevant to donor opportunities.
- Support proposal development process, ensuring formation of a bid team, organizing and facilitating project design workshops, authoring content, budget development and compliance checks.
- Research and analyze donor priorities, plans and country strategies to support Habitat’s profiling and donor engagement efforts.
- Support the development and maintenance of systems and processes enabling Habitat to respond better to business opportunities.
- Contribute to formulation and implementation of Habitat Nepal’s resource development strategy and action plan.
Donor Reporting (20%)
- Support donor reporting, including providing proofreading and editorial support, formatting and designing attractive layout, and liaising with relevant teams for timely submission.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
In accordance with its foundational mission principles, Habitat for Humanity International is committed to the highest ethical standards and opposes all forms of discrimination, exploitation, and abuse. We intend to create and maintain a work and living environment that is safe, productive, and respectful for our colleagues and for all we serve.
We require that all staff take seriously their ethical responsibilities to Safeguarding (Child Protection, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation Harassment and Abuse) our intended beneficiaries, their communities (especially children), and all those with whom we work. In line with the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse, all staff must pass a thorough background screening, police check and will be held accountable to upholding our policies around ethical behavior, including safeguarding and whistleblowing
Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
Education Qualification and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Masters preferred).
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in fundraising and program development.
- Direct experience of working in a non-profit organization and ideally, 2-3 years of experience working in an INGO.
- Demonstrated track record in fundraising and program development working with institutional donors.
- Demonstrated planning, project management and facilitation skills.
- Research background/experience will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Competencies
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; innovative and creative thinker.
- Willingness and ability to work closely with other departments, institutions, and across cultures.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality results.
- Excellent research and analysis, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-driven.
Habitat for Humanity Nepal is an equal opportunity organization. Women, persons with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.
It can be applied through www.merojob.com/habitatnepal.
Application submission deadline is 30 October 2023
Human Resources Department, Habitat for Humanity Nepal
We strive to keep our recruitment process consistent and fair. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified