Website Habitat for Humanity International Nepal
Position: Communications Officer – Digital Media and Content
No. of vacancies: 1 (One)
Date of Announcement: 12 October 2023
Duration: One Year and Extendable
Reports to: Sr. Manager – Resource Development & Communications
Field Visits: 40% travel (Domestic)
Core Function: The incumbent will work closely with the Resource Development (RD) and Communication Team at Habitat Nepal and will support the execution of Habitat’s overall communication strategy and plan. Working closely with the Communications unit, s/he will manage Habitat Nepal’s digital media platforms, including content creation and ideation, audio and video production, scheduling and posting, analytics and measurement, and lead visibility efforts of the organization to grow Habitat Nepal’s audience, reach and influence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Digital Media (60%)
- Manage day-to-day all Habitat Nepal’s digital media platforms (Website, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Develop engaging video, photo, and graphic content for Habitat Nepal’s social media platforms and manage an updated content calendar to ensure timely posting and scheduling of relevant posts.
- Research and analyze ongoing trends and digital industry standards to keep abreast of innovative communication tools/mediums/technologies.
- Identify, pitch, and execute interesting ideas/trends for social media campaigns, influencer marketing and media tie-ups.
- Monitor and evaluate social media metrics, track best practices, and propose strategies for increasing audience, reach, engagement, and influence.
- Provide continuous digital media training to staff as needed.
- Support the development and execution of Habitat Nepal’s Communication Plan.
- Lead visibility efforts ensuring compliance with Habitat Nepal and Donor visibility guidelines.
- Develop engaging designs and templates appropriate for social media.
- Design collaterals such as flyers, brochures, infographics etc. using Adobe Creative Suite to create cohesive and attractive designs.
- Support development of attractive presentations and formatting of reports ensuring cohesion and consistency ensuring the highest standards.
- Manage relevant department procurement and vendor management, including drafting terms of references, project plans and timelines, contracting and tracking payments.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
In accordance with its foundational mission principles, Habitat for Humanity International is committed to the highest ethical standards and opposes all forms of discrimination, exploitation, and abuse. We intend to create and maintain a work and living environment that is safe, productive, and respectful for our colleagues and for all we serve.
We require that all staff take seriously their ethical responsibilities to Safeguarding (Child Protection, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation Harassment and Abuse) our intended beneficiaries, their communities (especially children), and all those with whom we work. In line with the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse, all staff must pass a thorough background screening, police check and will be held accountable to upholding our policies around ethical behavior, including safeguarding and whistleblowing
Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
Education Qualification and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 3+ years’ of relevant experience in communications and social media marketing.
- Experience of leading/working on social media campaigns for non-profit organizations ideal.
- Demonstrated track record in social media management and marketing.
- Demonstrated planning, project management and facilitation skills.
Knowledge and Competencies
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; innovative and creative thinker.
- Willingness and ability to work closely with other departments, institutions, and across cultures.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality results.
- Advanced knowledge of TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro etc.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-driven.
Habitat for Humanity Nepal is an equal opportunity organization. Women, persons with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.
It can be applied through www.merojob.com/habitatnepal.
Application submission deadline is 30 October 2023
Human Resources Department, Habitat for Humanity Nepal
We strive to keep our recruitment process consistent and fair. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified