Website Restless Development
Communications and Partnership Officer
About Restless Development
Restless Development is a global non profit agency. We support the collective power of young leaders to create a better world. We are independently registered and governed in nine countries (India, Nepal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, UK, USA, Zambia and Zimbabwe) bound together by our vision for youth power. We run youth-led programmes to tackle the issues that young people care about the most as well as running a growing global Youth Collective. Read more on our strategy and latest annual report.
We have 230 staff in 13 countries, 59% aged 18-24, more than 90% of our staff in Africa and Asia. We are a people centred agency – that believes in the power of young people to lead change. We are a values based employer – placing a focus on culture, equity, wellbeing, safeguarding and power shifting in all that we do
Our approach to safeguarding
Restless Development considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults to be an organisational imperative with primacy over the success of programmes or strategic objectives. We recognise that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and we expect all of our staff, volunteers and partners to ensure we protect the communities in which we operate from harm and abide by our Safeguarding Policy.
About the role
Restless Development has been working with young people since 1985 and its work is led by thousands of young people every year globally. In Nepal, Restless Development has been working for the development of youth and adolescents since 1991. It is the recipient of several international and national awards. It works in a formal partnership with the Ministry of Youth and Sports.
Restless Development Nepal is currently seeking a dynamic, socially active and outgoing Communication & Partnership Officer for an energetic and outstanding Communication & Partnership unit. We are seeking a self-motivated, interesting and vibrant young person to work as part of our bright team and help us with these exciting fundraising initiatives.
Research and Relationships
- Conduct mapping of potential donor strategies to Restless Development through the web, strategy documents and discussions with like minded organisations to support in identifying areas of synergy to bring donor relationships forward.
- Maintain a sound relationship with the National government and local government.
- Attend partner/donor meetings and make presentations where necessary
- Prepare the standard presentation for the agency to be shared among the stakeholders
- Lead in identifying potential grants and proposals through online/offline research, and draft short briefs to be shared with the resource mobilisation team and Hub Director
- Prepare the Bid-No-Bid document to support in finalising the decision on fundraising
- Support on proposal development process and meet the proposal deadlines, including budget development as necessary
- Assist the development of projects and submissions of bids.
- Update the Fundraising database, ensuring that all donor/partner contact details are coordinated, and interactions recorded. This includes requesting information from other staff members on meeting details, including in regional offices.
- Coordinate with the resource mobilisation team in fundraising efforts by providing information on donor and partner relationships, communication materials, etc.
Support Programme Unit
- The work entails engagement with National and International Campaigns drafting reports, newsletters and relevant marketing materials
- Assist in gathering and analysing information on donors, partner agencies and other stakeholders.
- Take part in the planning, staging and reporting of program reports and donor reports.
Other duties as required
- Other duties as required, sometimes requiring working on weekends and holidays for which time off in lieu can be taken.
Job title: Communication and Partnership Officer
Salary: NRS. 88,956.17 (Monthly Gross),
Preferred start date: 1st March 2024.
Length of contract: 1 Year with a possibility of renewal
Reports to: Hub Director
Visa requirements :Only those with valid work permit to work in Nepal
Expected travel: Occasional domestic travels may be required
We are looking for people with the right competencies and skills for the role, and who demonstrate the personal qualities consistent with our values.
Our value: HEART – We are who we serve. We are brave.
Values Led – Inspires a Restless passion and professionalism in those they work with, both internally and externally.
Innovation – Works on own initiative and offers creative approaches to improving work
Our value: HEAD – Delivers Quality. We are 100% professional.
Delivers Quality – Manages their time effectively to deliver quality against individual goals. Ensures value for money when utilising resources and efficiently processing finances
Decision Making – Proposes solutions to challenges and consults with others when making operational decisions within their area of responsibility.
Our value: VOICE – We generate leaders. We are proud to carry the banner for youth-led development.
Leadership – Capably manages their own workload and takes up opportunities to lead on areas of work, with support from colleagues. May supervise Interns and/or teams of Volunteers
People Development – Understands how individual goals contribute to team priorities. Uses feedback to identify personal growth areas willingly provides constructive feedback to others
Our value: HANDS – We are in it together. We listen and learn.
Effective communication – Clearly expresses ideas or opinions and actively listens and learns from those around them. Applies effective communication when actively engaging with stakeholders and teams of volunteers
Collaboration – Is an integral team member, contributing to team excellence and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
Skills and experience
- Degree in communication, international relation, international development or in related field (Masters is highly preferred)
- Experience writing a variety of different types of documents: articles, proposals, academic, and web-based.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills, in particular report writing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience in working with multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of multi-media marketing
- Skills in graphic design, content creation, etc
- Experience in partnership development
- Experience of successful proposal writing
- Understanding of development issues affecting young people
Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. Restless Development will ensure that no applicant or staff member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, caste, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, HIV status, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.
What we do for you
We are proud to commit to a transparent global salary scale, ensuring a fair and comparable system of pay across all global locations. In addition to salary, we offer pension contributions and other benefits in accordance with the local Hub.
Values and Culture
At Restless Development, we’re proud that the strength and integrity of our Values has been recognised by staff, young people, donors and others who we work with. Beyond this, we have a culture of recognising and celebrating both our Values and our global achievements with monthly Values Champions and an annual Values Day.
It goes without saying that we work hard at Restless Development. We also recognise the importance of helping staff to maintain a positive work-life balance by offering:
- 24 days’ annual leave (in addition to public holidays and with an extra day of annual leave given for each full year of service, up to a maximum of 28 days).
- Birthday Leave
- Access to flexible working.
- Generous study leave, maternity, paternity or adoption leave, and other leave allowances.
Restless Development is proud to be an employer who recognises potential and invests in the development of its staff. We are committed to the professional development of our staff through:
- Empowering opportunities to work on significant projects which stretch and inspire staff – allowing them to develop on-the-job.
- Regular performance management.
- Training and development opportunities, including supporting our staff to identify mentors both within and outside of the agency.
- Quarterly Staff Workshops for all staff to give and receive agency updates, receive training, and socialise.
Travel and Medical Insurance
When travelling abroad with work, all staff will be covered by Restless Development’s travel and medical insurance.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that provides tangible examples of how your skills, knowledge and experience will support your ability to perform the key priorities outlined in the above job description (using no more than 750 words) (For more tips on how to apply visit our website here.).
Apply by : 10th February, 2024