Website Women's Rehabilitation Center (WOREC) Nepal
Position: Ecological Justice Coordinator
Required No: One (1)
Founded in 1991, Women’s Rehabilitation Centre (WOREC) is a national level leading NGO working in Nepal from local to global level with feminist values to support and bridge collective actions for women rights and feminist movement. Together with collaborators from a diverse range of feminist human rights movements and networks, WOREC works to advance the rights of women in diversity. WOREC advocates for affirmative structural and social changes influencing national and international actors. WOREC works for the protection and promotion of women’s human rights and social justice with the campaigns against violence against women, and women’s economic, social and cultural rights. WOREC is active nation-wide by its presence with central office in Lalitpur, provincial and district offices in 6 provinces. WOREC is currently looking for candidates to fulfill the above-mentioned position:
The Ecological Justice Coordinator will be responsible for the organization’s engagement on promoting ecological justice integrating sustainable livelihood approach and redistribution of environmental resources envisioning the just society. The position will leverage the sustainable agricultural opportunities for livelihood options including market systems development. The position will contribute to the localization process of concerned SDG goals and review the situation of state’s compliance on ESC rights of women, girls and marginalized people. The position will be responsible in the management of plans and programs at the central level and in engagement with funding partners, provide technical advice and analysis for designing the new activities aimed at supporting poor and marginalized households to realize their right to a secure and resilient livelihood and justice. The coordinator should lead and mobilize the team, be responsible to design, facilitate and conduct the training programs in related field.
The Duties and Responsibilities of this Position are:
- Plan and advocate on the integration of ecological justice and women rights into different programs, policies, and procedures;
- Overall managerial and technical responsibility to drive best practices of all sustainable livelihoods, agro-based and climate change planning, implementation, monitoring, documentation and reporting.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation framework for all livelihoods and climate justice related projects.
- Ensure effective monitoring, supervision and evaluation of ecological justice ensuring activities related to sustainable livelihood and income generating activities as per the standards in the reporting requirements.
- Manage the team and take the lead to provide guidance, support and technical input to programs (JTAs, CLAs and Social Mobilisers) related to ESC rights of women and underprivileged sections of society.
- Design and support the climate justice programs/components including planning, monitoring and management.
- Provide support in developing proposals related to the overall ecological justice including sustainable livelihoods program and assist in fundraising to ensure sustainability of the organization.
- Develop key partnerships with the policy makers, funding partners, partner NGOs and all stakeholders including concerned government agencies.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure effective gender mainstreaming and ensure gender equality and women’s economic empowerment in all sustainable livelihood and income generating activities, including production and market opportunities.
- Represent the organization in all related coordination groups and structures.
- Support in research, documentation and publication of IEC materials on ecological justice of women on the best practices, lessons learnt, case studies etc.
- Contribute with articles, documents, research reports and photographs for the purpose of related knowledge management in the organization and for communication with other stakeholders
- Provide technical support for production and market system development as and when required.
- Explore areas where our learning can be used in policy advocacy and policy research.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
The candidate should have Master’s Degree in Agriculture/Forestry/Natural Resource Management or related field with at least three years of relevant experience, should have broad understanding of women’s economic empowerment, ecological issues, agendas of rights to access and control over resources, food sovereignty, and women’s entrepreneurship development. Knowledge on disaster risk management, and women’s leadership interventions for ecological just society will be added value. The candidate should have an understanding of local situation/language/culture, and ability to write and communicate effectively in both Nepali and English. Prior working knowledge on human rights issues, specifically relating to gender equality and diversity awareness is an asset.
Applying Procedures: WOREC Nepal strongly encourages women and candidates from dalit/Janjati and sexual minority to apply.
Qualified candidates may send cover letter detailing their experience and motivation for the current position with an updated CV to email@example.com by 26th February 2023.
The application without cover letter and CV will not be considered for the position. Please write the name of Position in the subject/Head of email to which position you are applying.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for written test and interview. No telephone calls will be entertained.
For details visit: http://worecnepal.org/career