Website Save the Children
Trainee – HR Recruitment & Documentation – (220006MN)
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Nepal and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and future we share. Save the Children expects that anyone associated with it abides by its Safeguarding and other Zero Tolerance Policies.
The HR Department is in the process of implementing the Paperless HR Initiative under the guidance of the Asia Regional Office. For this purpose, all the hard copies of existing and former staff are being digitally stored and sorted. The initiative also includes digitalising all recruitment process files and documents. The objective of this traineeship is to support the department in implementation of the Paperless HR Initiative in close coordination with the HR Coordinator- Personnel Administration, Documentation and Oracle; and to support the HR Coordinator- Recruitment in the documentation, sorting and filing of the recruitment documents of Global Fund recruitments.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support the HR Coordinator in sorting and digitally marking and putting it in different folder as per the guidance from ARO
- Arranging the hard copy of personnel folders and ensuring that all documents are included as per the Personnel file checklist
- Carry out activities to ensure that the personnel folders are updated as per the Personnel file checklist
- Support HR Coordinator- Recruitment in sorting and ensuring that all recruitment files are updated and digitally stored as per Recruitment File checklist
- Support in reviewing the recruitment folders and identify the key gaps as per recruitment checklist provided
- Assist the HR Coordinator in sorting, digitally marking and documenting the recruitment documents in different folders as per the guidance from the Asia Regional Office (ARO).
- Sorting and arranging the print copy of recruitment files/folders, especially of the year 2018-2019 and ensuring that all documents are included as per the standard recruitment checklist.
- Support in sorting and ensuring that all recruitment files are updated and digitally stored as per Recruitment File checklist
- Support HR department in HR related tasks, as and when required.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in management or social science
Required No.(s): 4 (Nepalese Citizen Only)
Contract length: Fixed Term
Location: Country Office, Kathmandu
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Sep 7, 2022