Website The Lutheran World Federation
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Nepal is an international, non-governmental humanitarian and development organization that has been working in Nepal since 1984 focusing on Sustainable Livelihood, Quality Services and Protection and Social Cohesion. The LWF Nepal requires that everybody associated with it abide by its Child Protection Policy and the Code of Conduct.
The Lutheran World Federation Nepal invites applications from all potential Nepali candidates for the following position.
Office Assistant, Grade 4 based at Kathmandu – 1 Position (for Female only)
Organizational unit : LWF Nepal/Country Office
Position Title : Office Assistant
Duty Station : Country Office LWF Kathmandu
Report to : Administrative Procurement Logistic and Security Officer
Grade/step : 4/0
The Office Assistant of the Lutheran World Federation, Department of World Service, Nepal Program (LWF Nepal) is based in Kathmandu Office and shall be directly responsible to the Administrative Procurement Logistic and Security Officer his/her designate for the following duties:
- Be polite, helping and hospitable while receiving guests/visitors and directing them to the relevant persons,
- Act as Office telephone operator and be responsible for receiving all incoming calls and communicating to relevant persons and projects,Maintain records of Incoming and outgoing communications.
- Maintain files according to LWF Nepal filing system and improve on the system if necessary.
- Ensure clean and decent environment in the office especially in the front office.
- Render typing and other secretarial services that may be required in the office from time to time.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the public.
- Fix appointment time of Country Director with visitors and arrange tea/cookies for the meeting.
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner.
- Arrange for travel insurance for staff who are travelling if require.
- Make practical arrangements for receiving and accommodating official guests and arrange any required itinerates and travel arrangements.
- Supervise LWF Kathmandu Office drivers, support staff and security guards in a professional manner.
- To draft a letter on administration related matter and to code the file number after circulation of letters and instruct for proper filing.
- Check and arrange necessary arrangement for repair and maintenance of Office equipment, offices premises.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor or his/her designated person.
Qualification and experience required
- Intermediate or Plus Two in Management and Administration major or any other equivalent relevant academic discipline.
- Minimum 2years of professional experience-working on Administration, Front Office, Store, Inventory and Logistic Management in I/NGO
- Ability to work effectively in a team and staff mobilization
- Good interpersonal and official communication, email and internet skills with learning attitude
- Familiarize and work accordance with the LWF Nepal policies.
- Be free from the political influence of any parties and the political activates
Note: The job description is subject to revision as per the requirement of LWF Nepal
Result oriented Nepalese individual candidates are requested to submit the CV along with the interest letter to Human Resource Department at email@example.com by 15 January 2022
Qualified female candidates from Dalit, disadvantaged, socially excluded, marginalized group and Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) are preferable and strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for selection process. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.