Website The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nepal (ICAN)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nepal (ICAN) is an autonomous body established under the Nepal Chartered Accountants Act, 1997 solely authorized to provide education, guidance, control and supervision of the Accounting Profession in Nepal and to enhance social recognition and faith in the accounting profession by raising public awareness towards economic and social responsibility of accountants to contribute towards development of the country. The Institute seeks application from qualified and interested Nepalese Citizens on contractual basis for the following positions:
Position: Joint Director
Required No.: 1
Qualification and Experience: Chartered Accountant from any recognized Institute with minimum 7 years post ICAN membership experience in related field.
- To direct, control and supervise the functions, progress and delivery pf the Supervision and Regulation Directorate
- To evaluate the effectiveness of ICAN’s regulative functions on continuing basis and identify and implement measures for improvement.
- To keep track on international developments and trends and implement the best practices in regulation of Accounting Profession.
- To engage with committees and other stakeholders in all associated matters and create and deliver value for ICAN.
Position: Deputy Director
Required No.: 4
Qualification and Experience: Chartered Accountant from any recognized Institute with minimum 5 years post ICAN membership experience in related field.
- To identify the gaps and develop mitigating measures, and implement or cause to implement them for improvisation in operational and practical aspect of Regulation of Accounting Profession, including monitoring of AML CFT Regulation.
- To develop and implement programs for Professional Development of the Members by researching on the global trends and national requirements.
- To supervise the Quality Assurance Reviews performed by subordinates and manage all operational level affairs of the Quality Assurance Division,
- To innovate on making use of the ICT Technology, in both Internal Business Processes of ICAN and in better facilitating and governing the accounting profession.
- To perform supervisory function of the immediate subordinates in the respective directorate/divisions and all other associated managerial functions.
Position: Assistant Director
Required No.: 2
Qualification and Experience: Chartered Accountant from any recognized Institute with having membership of ICAN.
- To perform Quality Assurance Review of Audit Firms.
- To perform other operational level functions related to supervision and regulation of Accounting Profession.
- To liaise in matters of education and professional developments.
Personal and Professional Qualities expected for all Positions:
- To be conversant with the applicable Auditing Standards, Accounting Standards, Code of Ethics and prevailing legal requirements for audit, assurance, and other professional practices.
- To demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- To posses capability to have an attention to detail attitude including synthesizing an overall impact.
- To put efforts to ad value to ICAN’s reputation and its Brand Image and ensure all actions are always directed towards the same.
Age Limit: For Joint Director 21 years of age not exceeding 45 years. For Deputy Director and Assistant Director 21 years of age not exceeding 35 years and in case of female and differently abled person not exceeding 40 years on last date of submission of application.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their updated CV along with the application form available at Institute’s website and other testimonials of qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience as mentioned in the CV by 20 Kartik 2079 (06 November 2022). Application can be submitted through mail at email@example.com. Short listed candidates shall be subjected to further selection process.
The Institute reserves the right to accept or reject the application without assigning any reason, whatsoever, Canvassing any stage of the process shall lead to automatic disqualification.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nepal
(Established under The Nepal Chartered Accountants Act – 1997)
ICAN Marg, Satdobato Lalitpur
Post Box No.: 5289
Tel: 00977-1-5530730, 5530832, Fax: 00977-15550774
Web: http://www.ican.org.np, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: The Himalayan Times, 23 October, 2022