Website FHI 360
Technical Specialist- COVID 19 Emergency Response
Technical Specialist – COVID -19 Emergency Response (2 positions)
Technical Specialist— COVID-19 Emergency Response is responsible for managing, capacity building and supportive supervision to implementing partner agencies (IPs) to provide Community – and Home – Based Care; Telehealth Services and Vaccination support for COVID-19 emergency response (ER) activities.
- Identify needs for technical assistance (TA) in coordination with other team members COVID-19 ER activities to be supported by FHI 360 for implementation of community- and home-based care and telehealth services for COVID-19 case management.
- Take lead role in technical backstopping of IPs to ensure national and international protocols, standard operating procedures (SOP), and guidelines are followed to provide community- and home-based care and telehealth services for COVID-19 ER activities.
- Assist the supervisor in designing, developing and providing TA to IPs in management and coordination of the agency of telehealth services in a systematic and structured manners as per COVID-19 ER plan work plan activities.
- Prepare/develop package for orientation/trainings and organize trainings/orientation on community- and home-based care and telehealth services for COVID-19 ER plan activities.
- Conduct supportive supervision and monitoring of field activities and assist EpiC Nepal IPs in assessing their own performance, provide onsite coaching support and adjusting their activities on an ongoing basis to ensure impact and coverage of community- and home-based care and telehealth services.
- Support to coordinate with stakeholders providing community- and home-based care and telehealth services.
- Support in mapping the vaccination sites, ensure storage, temperature monitoring and carrying facilities is properly functioning, and provide technical support to ensure cold chain equipment are as per the standards.
- Provide technical guidance and support for ultra-cold chain (UCC) system development for Pfizer vaccines in Nepal.
- Support in finalization of the orientation/training package to health care workers on the use of syringes/Pfizer/other COVID vaccines and support to providing training of trainers (TO) and monitoring of orientation/training to COVID19 vaccine health care providers.
- Support in post vaccination surveillance for COVID19 vaccines (mainly Pfizer vaccines)
- Assist the supervisor and strategic behavioral communication (SBC) team for designing and development of SBC materials and job aids on vaccine promotion, demystifying myths, deal with vaccine hesitancy, and promotion of COVID-19 testing.
- Support to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate community- and home-based care and telehealth services.
- Ensure the use of national and international protocols, SOPs and guidelines and the highest quality of services are provided to the beneficiaries through community- and home-based care and telehealth services.
- Contribute to regular monitoring and documentation of programmatic achievements, lessons learned and success stories and its implications to the program.
- Conduct analysis of service-related data and use and recommend for program improvement on regular basis
- Regularly review the national and international literatures, journal articles, good practices and lessons learned and contribute to conduct technical updates and knowledge sharing session both within FHI 360 Nepal and national forum.
- Support in writing and managing the production of high-quality technical reports and documents.
- Attend coordination meetings with government, donors, partner organizations, and other stakeholders as needed.
• Perform other relevant duties as per the instruction of the supervisor, and Deputy Project Director, Project Director and Country Director.
- Master’s degree in public health or community health or nursing and at least three years of experience in public health program implementation/management.
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine with Master’s degree in public health preferred.
- Experience in community- and home-based care, telehealth services, COVID-19 vaccination program and/or in COVID-19 case management is preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills in above mentioned area.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written English skills required.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
Only Nepali Citizens are eligible to apply.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.