Website FHI 360
Technical Officer III
FHI 360 Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Strategic Information/Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Officer to provide technical support and guidance to staff and partners in the region and in country offices related to monitoring, evaluation, research and learning technical quality and thought leadership processes and products. Working closely with APRO technical and program quality team, the Technical Officer will provide technical support and guidance related to monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL), research, and utilization of MEL and research for projects’ strategic reporting and communication. The Technical Officer will also support the Technical team in the design and implementation of APRO technical quality assurance system. In collaboration with Technical Officer Thought Leadership, s/he will support projects in thought leadership initiatives, including the production of scientific and technical content products.
- In collaboration with Technical Advisors, serve as a MEL technical backstop for projects managed by the Regional Office.
- Contribute to production and review of projects’ deliverables (quarterly reports, monitoring and evaluation plans, work plans, communication products, manuscripts, conference abstracts, etc.).
- Contribute to regional processes for ensuring technical quality of project implementation, deliverables and knowledge products, including via a technical quality assurance system.
- Support projects in identifying needs and opportunities to improve the quality of projects’ critical processes and deliverables.
- Continuously maintain a dialogue and technical quality technical exchange with FHI 360 M&E/SI or research staff in the Asia Pacific region.
- Review MEL and research activities for quality and adherence to FHI 360 and donor requirements.
- Provide technical support to research design and conduct, such as reviewing protocols and data collection tools, study reports and draft manuscripts/conference abstracts.
- In collaboration with APRO Data Manager and Program Management Unit, develop and manage database to support APRO’s implementation of technical oversight.
- In collaboration with APRO Thought Leadership Sr. Technical Officer, support staff in the region and in country offices on thought leadership product development (abstracts, manuscripts, working papers, etc.)
- Monitor and provides monthly update/progress of APRO’s management priorities that are related to or assigned to Unit.
- Provide input to business development activities, including participation in design sessions, development of MEL proposal sections, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Health, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Five or more years of experience providing technical support for MEL and research; experience in this area with USAID, FCDO and DFAT funding a plus.
- Published knowledge products, in peer review manuscripts is preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors, problem solve, take corrective action and prepare reports.
- Experience conducting data quality assessments/reviews and supporting implementation of corrective measures. Experience in conducting Data Quality Assessment (DQA) is preferable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and fluency in an Asian language.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and demonstrated program/project management skills.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Civil Society, Communication and Social Marketing, Economic Development, Education, the Environment, Gender, Health, Nutrition, Research, Technology and Youth or a Related Field.
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- Typically requires 6+ years of relevant experience managing data collection and technical assistance experience.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
- International or Domestic (US) Program Development or Program management experience preferred.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.