Company: Ncell Pvt. Ltd.
Ncell is a part of Axiata Group Berhad, one of Asia’s leading telecommunication groups.
At Ncell, we care about our people and their development. Here you will find opportunities for continued education and training. We are working on the process and strategies to empower our people through leadership programs. At Ncell, we are committed to help our people learn, develop & enhance their functional skills, leadership capabilities & personal effectiveness. Our leadership development focuses developing leaders who think before they act and act according to the values that the organization embraces.
At Ncell, we lay much emphasis on our corporate values: Uncompromising Integrity, Exceptional Performance, Customer at Our Heart, Breakthrough Innovation and One Company, One Family. These values are the integral part of our business. We carry out our daily business by keeping these values in mind as we as an organisation strongly stand for it.
Applicants must have the highest ethical standards, strong leadership skills, excellent judgement, a sense of personal initiative and problem solving abilities.
Ncell offers competitive package that is designed to make you feel an integral part of the team and directly involved in the company’s success.
Position: Subject Matter Expert – Financial Reporting
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : Kathmandu
Qualification and Experience:
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in Business / Accounting from a reputed institution with minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
• Must have internationally recognized professional accounting qualifications such as CA, CIMA (UK), ACCA etc.
• Must have working knowledge of international reporting systems and practices in a multinational environment. Preference will be given to candidates with working experience of financial reporting systems and practices as per Malaysian Accounting Standards.
• Should have experience of working as an Expert in IFRS, Microsoft Applications and various accounting software like SAP or similar other ERPs.
• Should have experience of working in developing and implementing Accounting procedures basis business requirements
• Highlights longer-term implications of issues or situations that facilitates planning for the unit or function
• Creates new solutions to resolve problems or issues in novel ways
• Proactively seeks to optimize the financial or business impact of initiatives
• Stays updated with business developments and take steps to align work towards the business changes
• Takes personal responsibility for correcting customer problems – corrects problems promptly and un-defensively.
• Able to establish and gain commitment from various parties to achieve one’s team objectives.
• Strives to create exceptional performance for the team.
• Encourages teamwork and bonding within and outside team without compromising delivery of exceptional results.
• Able to maintain confidentiality at work and demonstrate high level of professionalism.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to take initiative and good problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple task simultaneously.
• Able to work independently and make decisions independently.
• Should have advance presentation and report writing skills.
• Must be able to deal with stakeholders in cross-functional departments.
Department: Finance & Procurement
Duty Station: Current requirement in Kathmandu but can be placed anywhere in Nepal as per business needs and future requirements.
Note: Priority will be given to Nepalese Citizens.
• To prepare and close the Axiata monthly financial reporting package with high quality and within deadline.
• To be the source of expert advice in applicable IFRS / NFRS and guide and provide needed support to respective Finance Units and Functions for their due compliance & support Chief Finance Officer in preparing monthly and quarterly, semi-annual & annual financial reporting requirements to meet Group reporting deliverables.
• To drive overall reconciliations that would provide assurance in enhancing internal control environment and integrity of books of accounts.
Main Responsibility Areas:
• Prepare and provide support in closure of both Local book and Group book with high quality and within the deadline.
• Formulate Accounting (Compliance) Procedure that guides day to day operations in the contribution of organizational objectives.
• Draft reports that illustrate the organizations financial stability and compliance with regulations.
• Drive overall reconciliations that would provide assurance in enhancing internal control environment and integrity of books of accounts.
• Enforce a system of internal control system on a proactive as well as a reactive basis to make sure that accounting operations work as intended.
• Be the source of expert advice in applicable IFRS / NFRS and guide and provide needed support to respective Finance Units and Functions for their due compliance.
• Review complex financial accounting work processes, systems, and procedures for efficient workflow and conformity with accounting principles.
• Support Chief Finance Officer in preparing monthly and quarterly, semi-annual & annual financial reporting requirements to meet Group reporting deliverables.
• Maintain expertise of appropriate systems, and support efforts to ensure the efficiency and quality of system data, functionality and controls.
• Continuously identify opportunities for book closing with high accuracy and within the deadline.
• Provide needed technical support in tax matters including computation of tax and deferred tax and process improvements.
• Review existing reconciliations performed in Accounting Operations, Treasury, Tax and Reporting and guide towards improvement in cost-effective reconciliation opportunities.
• Provide assurance on the accounting integrity of the treasury functions through review of bank reconciliation statements among others.
• Engage employees through identification of employee strengths, harness loyalty and commitment to superior performance.
• Ensure smart spending and zero-based budgeting to ensure cost reduction and optimization.
• Be a strong team player in rendering needed technical inputs within Finance department.
What We Offer:
• International Working Environment, Performance Management Process, Internal Opportunities, Ncell Academy, Trainings, Work – Life Balance, Flexible Working Practices, Competitive Compensation, Festive Bonus, Provident Fund, Incentives, Leave Travel Allowance, Medical Insurance, Gratuity, Communication Facilities, etc.
Last date to apply: 8 July 2020