Organization: Relief Nepal
Relief Nepal is a non-profit making, non-governmental, non-political, social development organization of Sindhuli district. It was established in 2008 AD with the core objective of vulnerable and marginalized people especially women, children, youth and people living with marginalized condition are empowerment and participated in decision process about the issue affecting their livelihood. It has successfully implemented Livelihood, Child Rights, WASH, Education and DRR projects in five districts.
In partnership with World Vision International Nepal (WVIN), Relief Nepal is going to implement the “Integrated Protection and Sponsorship Programme and KISHORI project(s)” in Tinpatan Ward no.,4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, Fikkal Rural Municipality- Ward no. 2, 3, 4, 5 and Golanjor Rural Municipality- Ward no. 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 of Sindhuli districts.
We are looking for a qualified, competent, dynamic, Leadership and visionary qualitative candidates for the effective execution of the project at field which will be carried out in partnership with World Vision International Nepal for the following positions:
Position: Sub –Engineer (Kishori project)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location: Relief Nepal Office with frequent field visit
Duration: 11 months with possibility of extension
The Technical Supervisor (Sub Engineer) will supervise and monitor construction project in the respective district ensuring compliance with WVIN’s construction quality standards, Government’s policies and industry norms. This position holder will be responsible for day-to-day supervising and managing the work as per drawings, estimate, and specification. He needs to manage relationships with sectorial key stakeholders including Local Governments.
The position holder will be responsible for technical and facilitating component of the construction projects including community mobilization of the program. He has to help and provide proper technical supervision. The type of community infrastructure projects to be supervised by this position holder are institutional infrastructure like school building, girl friendly toilet, water schemes, renovation of health facilities etc. He will oversee the implementation and management of construction project and coordinate with WVIN Infrastructure Specialist for desired achievements on time.
• Ensure project progress relative to the construction milestone with at most ±5 % variance on contract values
• Lead role for managing any complaints related at sites
• Support to district team for prioritization during site selection based on the vulnerability and need
• Submit timely organized periodic ( weekly/ fortnightly) progress reports
• Conduct safety assessment of proposed construction site.
• Ensure that selected sites are appropriate as per the project requirements & as per the standard construction guidelines and have been agreed by relevant stakeholders.
• Preparation of the drawing, estimate, BOQ, detail break down of materials/labors and specification of the materials using in the construction projects.
• Provide layout of construction works at site before excavation of foundation.
• Check quality of all local and non-local construction materials delivered by community/contractors/suppliers at construction site.
• Ensure that all the construction works are child friendly, gender friendly, disable friendly and meet the minimum requirement of national building code and other national standards.
• Support Project coordinator to manage construction project and monitor performance of implementation of construction projects that are delivered on scope, on time and on budget
• Ensure Planning Monitoring and reporting of the project is on time and with quality.
• Visit allocated sites in the district;
1. Support in formation of Construction Committee/Monitoring Committee in each schemes and update minutes and documentation.
2. Share the project information, objective, the selection criteria and social audits with School Management Committee (SMC)/users’ committee and their responsibilities.
3. Orient them about the record keeping of both attendance and other activities in register or project book.
• Prepare detail work schedule of construction works in coordination with project team for timely completion of construction work and track the progress accordingly.
• Provide detail orientation of construction works to the contractor/management committee and skilled labors.
• Directly involve ensuring quality on construction work, supervise masons and labors for the best delivery.
• Monitoring and supervision of construction works regularly and guide to contractor/masons to maintain the desired quality.
• Keep close co-ordination with Infrastructure Specialist, WVIN for necessary guidance and technical support.
• Timely settle any issues related to construction in close coordination with the management committee.
• Develop and maintain the necessary documentation and record of all project and its activities.
• Prepare/verify running bills of the works to settle the expenses of construction works.
• Provide/Prepare project completion report along with support from WVIN after the completion of work.
• Support to conduct social audits after completion of construction work.
• Regularly update progress tracker to concerned authorities.
• Technical support to other construction/renovation works under WVIN projects as directed by Project Coordinator and executive director of the organization.
Academic Qualification and Experience:
• Diploma in Civil Engineering with at least 2-3 years’ Experience in construction projects (preferably in Building construction and WASH projects)
• Survey, design, drawings, estimate and report preparation of infrastructure works.
• Computer skills and Auto CAD proficiency
• Training, coaching and mentoring
• Reporting and documentation by using M.S package i.e. excel and word
• Vendor and Market survey
• Implementation skills on planned activities
• Good understanding on financial management system like supporting documents for voucher, advance settlement process.
• Good communication skills to deal with project team and stakeholders
• Skills on mobilizing contractor/masons.
• Skills on planning and capacity building of masons.
• Good Facilitation skills
• Good Communication skills
• Experience in collecting information from the community
• Knowledge to understand assessment process and findings
• Skills to do FGDs and Interview as a part of assessment/evaluation
• Adequate relationship management with the contractor for timely commencement of the project and technical quality
• Basic understanding on the importance of Networking and Liaise with Local Government
• Good meeting facilitation and documentation skills
Presentation skills in different forum and network
Last date to apply: 20 October 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, meeting the above requirements, are requested to submit their application including
• A motivational letter
• An updated CV with details of at least two references (One from last employer)
• Candidates should must mention his/ her E- mail ID and contact number with latest Pass port size photo.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through merojob system clearly indicating the position with vacancy code in the subject line
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entrained. Organization reserves all the rights to reject any or all application without assigning any reasons.