Website World Vision International Nepal
Sponsorship Trainee – East Field Office
Job Location: Bargachhi – 1, Bardibas, Mahottari, Nepal
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type: Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
The Trainee – Sponsorship aims to learn and develop the practical skills on Child and Community Sponsorship Operations and enhance the capacity by working together with assigned teams/individuals as per assigned tasks and assists to achieve World Vision’s (WV) goal of child wellbeing.
This position will assist WVIN’s National Office, Field Offices and Area Program’s Sponsorship department for overall Sponsorship Management including Sponsorship Correspondence by maintaining timeline and WV Global quality standards. This position will work closely with WVIN’s Sponsorship department for the better understanding in and among Sponsorship operations and enhancing skills and capacity on the mentioned professional area.
Understanding Sponsorship and Supporting the department
- Learn and understand World Vision’s Child Sponsorship approach, Standard, its vision, mission, goals to Child Well being
- Understand key sponsorship business processes and requirements under Sponsorship operations
- Understand RC data management and Area programmes RC profile management
- Understand WV’s MVC and RC selection processes
- Understand World Vision’s overall development programming approach and child wellbeing.
- Understand the importance of quality correspondence and Support NO correspondence focal person for timely flow of all correspondence to APs and sponsors as per standard.
Communication and coordination
- Communication and coordination with Field Sponsorship Specialists, Sponsorship Data and Correspondence Coordinator and Sponsorship field coordinators
- Good coordination and collaboration with finance, SCM, MEALS and other sectoral TPs.
- Provide quick response to concern from field.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Communicate information effectively
- Think clearly, deeply & broadly.
Personal development and transformation
- To enhance own management skills and knowledge of development and WVIN ministry in the WVIN context
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Increase own involvement in WVIN ministry
- Initiate for own learning and development in the WVIN context
- Keep daily learning records and prepare monthly progress reports
- Prepare action plan based on the team plans together with supervisors and team members and act accordingly.
- Attend meeting as per organizational requirement
- Other responsibilities: While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, WVIN reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when necessary
- Any other task assigned by the direct supervisor and the department head.
- Willingness to commit to World Vision’s Vision, Mission and Core Values
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Have clear personal vision for one’s career growth
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and apply new concepts and ideas
- Confident and ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate and translate contents/letters into English and Nepali
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively in the diverse cultural context of Nepal
** IF YOU ARE A FORMER REGISTERED CHILD OF WVIN PLEASE MENTION THIS IN YOUR COVER LETTER OR CV
“World Vision is committed to achieving diversity, as the diversity of our teams is critical to our overall success. WV welcomes applications from qualified professionals all over Nepal. Women, people with disability, and members from other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.”
“Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with WV as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that WVI Nepal shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates, in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. WVI Nepal has zero tolerance to child rights’ violations, by employees and/or affiliates.”
WVI Nepal reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.