Website SOS Hermann Gmeiner Secondary School
SOS Children’s Villages Nepal, a non-governmental social development organization, supports children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief. We advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We offer a secure and friendly work environment and are committed to safeguarding the rights of the children with zero tolerance policy in this regard. We are further committed to providing a safe environment for coworkers and children, young people and adults with whom we work where human rights are respected and upheld, and healthy relations are fostered by building organizational systems, capacity, and awareness on our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct. We are now looking for interested and qualified individuals for the position of Principal at SOS Hermann Geminer Secondary School Itahari.
No. of Vacancy: 1
The Principal is responsible for providing strategic leadership to the school in alignment with the policies and values of SOS Children’s Villages Nepal. This includes adhering to recognised and contextualised guidelines for leadership, management and human resource development. Additionally, s/he is responsible for offering assistance and guidance to teachers, middle managers (coordinators) and other staff members to ensure the smooth operation of the school.
- Proven track record of administrative/supervisory or leadership experience.
- A strong work ethic to foster and sustain positive and productive relationships with all stakeholders.
- An individual of strong moral character and integrity, capable of maintaining credibility, confidence and pride within the school.
- Demonstrates an outstanding skills in communication, collaboration and planning
- Comprehensive knowledge in curriculum planning, curriculum delivery, outcome and impact assessment and evaluation strategies.
- A robust grasp of education-related policies and practices. both within the organisation and the broader national context
- Proficiency in the English Language and adeptness in computer applications
Minimum qualification and experience:
- Master’s Degree in any discipline with at least a second division or equivalent from a recognised university, along with a minimum of five years’ teaching and management experience as a Coordinator, Vice Principal or Principal of a reputable educational Institute.
For the above-mentioned position, candidates must be Nepali citizens of age below 55 years.
Salary and benefits: As per the policies of the organisation
Interested candidates who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria are invited to submit their applications, accompanied by the following documents, no later than 5:00 pm, February 27, 2024 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Academic Certificates, (equivalence from relevant government agencies if studied outside of Nepal)
- Copy of Citizenship Certificate
- A passport size photo
- Employment Applications form (mandatory document, please download it from www.sosnepal.org.np/careers)
Applicants from within the organisation and local communities are highly encouraged to apply. SOS children’s Villages Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. SOS Children’s Villages Nepal follows the Inclusive Policy and therefore encourages women, people with disabilities, people of ethnic minorities and marginalised communities to apply.
Source: BLAST TIMES NATIONAL DAILY, 13 February 2024