Website SOS Children’s Villages Nepal
SOS Children’s Villages Nepal, a non-governmental social development organisation, supports children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief. We advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We offer a secure and friendly work environment and are committed to safeguarding the rights of children by having zero tolerance policy in this regard. We are further committed to providing a safe environment for coworkers and children, young people and adults with whom we work, where human rights are respected and upheld, and healthy relations are fostered by building organisational systems, capacity, and awareness on our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct. We are now looking for interested and qualified individuals for the position of Youth in Charge at Small Group Homes Dhangadhi.
Youth in Charge (1)
The Youth in Charge is responsible for creating a supportive and inclusive environment where young people can feel confident to take ownership of their lives, advocate for their rights, and become positive change-makers in their communities. S/he will dedicate to building a platform where young people can learn, lead, and make their lives better in the long term.
Key Performance Areas and Main Responsibilities:
- Guides and supports youth, fostering inclusivity, while inspiring active participation as a role model
- Contributes to strategic planning and decision-making processes
- Builds and maintains relationships with stakeholders, including community members, like-minded organisations, and government agencies
- Engages in outreach efforts to promote the organisation’s vision, mission, and activities
- Provides training and skill building opportunities for young people and coworkers
- Plans annual budgets and contributes to individual growth plans, business strategies and exit plans
- Prepares half-yearly and annual progress reports and presentations to share achievements and challenges
- Addresses conflicts or issues within projects constructively, promoting a respectful environment.
- Builds relationship with other youth leaders, organisations and relevant stakeholders.
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- A Master’s Degree in any discipline with at least a second division or equivalent from a recognised university, along with a minimum of three years of relevant work experience. Having educational credentials in areas such as Youth Development, Education, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English and Nepali and proficiency in computer applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Experience in working with children and young people will be an added advantage
- Preference will be given to candidates having a two–wheeler license
For the above mentioned position, candidates must be Nepali citizens below 35 years of age.
Salary and other benefits: As per the policies of the organisation.
Interested candidates are requested to apply with a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Academic Certificates, (equivalence from relevant government agencies if studied out of Nepal), Copy of Citizenship Certificate, a passport size photo and Employment Application Form (mandatory document, please download it from www.sosnepal.org.np/careers) to: email@example.com by 17:00 hrs., August 21, 2023.
SOS Children’s Villages Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. SOS Children’s Villages Nepal follows the Inclusive Policy and therefore encourages women, people with disabilities, people of ethnic minorities and marginalised communities to apply.